SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not worry about PR. First of all, the PR you see in the toolbar is only updated about once every 3 months, so you might have PR and not know it. Besides, you can still get good search engine traffic without it.

Just concentrate on making a good site, and ignore PR!
    Discover How to Earn More, Work Less, and Enjoy Life
    and get the FREE Report at http://www.terrydean.org

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.....its good to not worry about PR and work and focus on getting higher search engine rankings because searh engine ranking is always more important thing than PR or anything else in SEO.....and there in not any time boundation for getting higher ranking......you can get it earlier with hard work with expertise.......but for PR you ned at leaset 3-4 months.......

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolslko View Post
    Well.....its good to not worry about PR and work and focus on getting higher search engine rankings because searh engine ranking is always more important thing than PR or anything else in SEO.....and there in not any time boundation for getting higher ranking......you can get it earlier with hard work with expertise.......but for PR you ned at leaset 3-4 months.......
    Actually you have PR as soon as Google finds your pages. You just can't see it until they update the toolbar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolslko View Post
    getting higher search engine rankings because searh engine ranking is always more important thing than PR or anything else in SEO
    I think some people think PR is a kind of silver bullet. Search ranking is the whole point of SEO, and the reason PR exists.
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure can. Just need traffic, good copywriting, and a good product.
    If you really want to make some money, build a list of subscribers and keep selling to them.
    Discover How To Make A Handsome Profit
    Niche Blogging Without Actually Blogging
    And Without Much Effort! Download It FREE here!:
    http://www.craigsandrews.com/bogusblogging101_FREE.html

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use PPC you can. It is hard to get traffic to site if it has no PR or good serp. If you can get site listed high in Serp with no Pr it would not matter at all

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris265 View Post
    If you use PPC you can. It is hard to get traffic to site if it has no PR or good serp. If you can get site listed high in Serp with no Pr it would not matter at all
    PR is not an indication of how well a site will rank. It is only an indication of a page's link popularity. A page can rank very well with very little PR. (BTW, every page has PR whether you can see it or not).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PR certainly helps but when you looking to trade links or probably sell the site...Yes it also helps in claiming the popularity of the website but Sales and revenue generation absolutely has nothing to do about it

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we all had to wait for a good PR, or even good search engine ranking for that matter, to make money, we'd never make it. You have to use non-Google methods to get traffic to your site initially and in time earn ranking in Google.
    Wealthy Affiliate Newbies Are Making $50 To $100 A Day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With or without pagerank, you can sell yourself through your website. And that's making money online. If you are good at PHP, then sell your PHP skills.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proof - My page has PR0 (or shows as PR0 in the toolbar) and I have earnt $2 this week so far. ;o)

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny, I have a bunch of sites, and I took one, just to tinker with and try everything on Gods green earth to get a page rank as high as possible. And I did it, it was hanging around at 9. It's such a pain to manage that, because not only do you have to worry about every single little detail on the page, BUT also all the pages that you link to, and who link to you

In the long run the site gets no traffic what so ever, maybe 10 hits a month, yet somehow actually managed to get 3 idiots who pay me $20 a month to link to their sites. I'm not sure what it accomplishes but been doing it for like 8 months and I haven't sent them a single hit, and for kicks I checked their PR before and after and every now and then and in those 8 months they have all actually gone down.

Meanwhile My 3 biggest earning and highest traffic sites have 2 sites with a PR of 1 and another with a 3

To me, PR means about as much as Alexa Ranking, which is nothing

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello

by John Conde
    Ecommerce takes many forms including one item stores and full blown catalogs. An increasingly more prevalent form of ecommerce is subscription based websites. These sites charge their subscribers a regularly scheduled recurring fee in exchange for access to content and services not available to the general public.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my sites have low or no pr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real factor is traffic, not PR. If you have traffic, then you will make good money.

In search engine results, I have seen PR0 pages out ranking PR5 pages.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angilina View Post
    The real factor is traffic, not PR. If you have traffic, then you will make good money.

In search engine results, I have seen PR0 pages out ranking PR5 pages.
    Exactly. That's because Google ranks pages by relevance. Not PR. But PR is important and should not be ignored.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think page rank is not the one and only thing to get our site to higher search position. If we have good page rank, it mean we have better back links.

SitePoint Enthusiast pinkyslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many consumers or people visiting your site even know about PR???? Seriously, most people except "us" even know what PR is. We know what it is because most of us run websites and are in the internet marketing world. The people that visit our sites that are techie people have no idea what PR is. just a thought.