SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Video Sharing Community Software?

I'm looking for something pretty simple, a user signs up and uploads a video. I would like users to be able to send each other messages (pm's basically) and search the videos. That's pretty much it and would like to find something under $100.00. This will be hosted on godaddy. Any product recommendations would be great, thanks!

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find there is some weakness in using a method where the user uploads the video. It might be worth considering using a plugin that allows for embedding of videos uploaded to other sources such as youtube or stage6.

SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    I find there is some weakness in using a method where the user uploads the video. It might be worth considering using a plugin that allows for embedding of videos uploaded to other sources such as youtube or stage6.
    http://www.entertainmentscripts.com/simple seems to be what I may go with, the client is looking to have users upload videos and photos to be viewed and commented on.

If there's a script where they can upload there video on youtube and still have it posted on the client's site I would love to have that but I don't think there is.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's so wrong about having a script that allows users to upload videos, such as a youtube replicate script? Essentially this is a like a mini-CMS that is video specific and lets face it thats what Youtube is really. I'm sure there are scripts out there which are just as powerful as the one from entertainment scripts but they are free or licensed under the GNU act.