SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please provide feedback on this new idea!

[not sure which forum this would go under so I am posting here]

Ladies and Gentleman,
    I'm about to embark on a project that I think would definitely benefit the masses and probably be 'fun' to do as
    well for me. It will be a great help to internet marketing novices, those who feel they just can't seem to get
    something off the ground, anyone wondering how to go about making some cash online, and just about everyone for
    some good informative fun.

Basically, the idea is that I will start 10 different ventures online ranging from making dollars with adsense,
    affliate programs, clickbank, selling your own product.. whatever. The goal here will be to get each one of those
    ventures to make at least between $10-20 per day.
    It will all be done with minimal costs, as in we may purchase a domain name and host it somewhere, but we will rely
    100% on free traffic. SEO, writing articles, and all that good stuff.

We will also go over those techniques on the website, if they haven't been gone over 1 billion times in the IM
    industry already.

If all of even some of those ventures succeed, this will essentially enable me to make anywhere between ~$300-600
    per month. Now, that may be chump change to some of you. However, understand that if one is a novice or just been
    thinking about it for a while but hasn't taken the steps necessary to get started in this thing yet.. or someone
    who just wants some extra cash every so often... $300-600 a month is a decent amount.

ALSO, that is just the GOAL. We do not know if any of those ventures will end up becoming big and make $1000.00/day
    with it.... maybe all of them will become big and another couple of zeros will be added onto that $300 figure.

OR, they may all completely FAIL and not make a single dime. Who knows. I believe the lessons gained from this
    experiment will be priceless regardless if we make money or not.

But we will make money. We must make money. We NEED to make money. Otherwise, I will look like a fool! Just
    kidding...

The website will talk about which venture we are starting,
    I will then set up a website to TRACK every small detail of those ventures. With screenshots of earnings/traffic
    etc to summarizing as much as I humanly can about the particular ventures.

Ofcourse I will also welcome feedback/comments/questions/suggestions through the website.

Since this has become too long already, we'll cover the rest on the website once it's up and running

What I need from your great minds here is some feedback/comments/questions/suggestions etc on this thing.

Do you think it could work? Do you think it would be better as a blog?

Do you think it would be useful to any of us?

What do you think??

Thanks for your time!

- Sho

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if I understand the idea. Did I miss it? All I heard was 'start 10 websites and try to earn 300-600/month'.
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if I understand the idea. Did I miss it? All I heard was 'start 10 websites and try to earn 300-600/month'.
    Sorry I guess in all the excitement I forgot to be clear.

Yes 10 websites with a goal of earning that much per month.

Then I will have a seperate website where I will TRACK and talk about those 10 websites.. 1 by 1 as they are conceived and put through the phases.

So everyone will be able to see exactly how a website came about, what's being done to promote it, what's being done to earn revenue on it, etc.

It would just be helpful and a good experiment to put it all out for the world to see. I haven't really seen something like that done before in detail. Usually people hide a lot of their websites in fear of others copying them (and rightfully so I guess). But in this case those particular 10 case studies would be right there for everyone to see and disect and butcher in detail.

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's been done
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it has????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, almost every money making blog wanna-be entrepreneur site is doing this exact thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid you'll have to think of something that hasn't been done hundreds of times before..
    Honda Civic Forum - UK Civic Forum
    Web Host Reviews - Independent, honest host reviews
    My Portfolio - Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

SitePoint Zealot phppoddotcom77's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Target audience?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are thousands of blog on this topic already, sorry!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone please point me to some of the aforementioned websites/blogs?? I wasn't able to find any.. or any with much substance.. thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow the silence is deafening,
    I like the generalization that was used
    ok back to the topic
    I like the idea,
    where do you want to go from here??

message me privately

SitePoint Evangelist ramone_johnny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive seen this time and time again. Infact I saw something similiar on another forum whereby a member had developed a heap of sites in an effort to generate revenue. His plan was to have a ridiculous amount of websites (something within the vicinity of 150) all making $10 a day, then to simply "cash in" on the income.

IMO, this strategy is absolutely ridiculous. How can you possibly maintain/improve/develop/debug/service that many websites????

Id much rather have a few (maybe 5) that offer a valuable service, and create decent income, than have a hundred that sit gathering dust, hoping that Ill make some money.

It seems from having read your post again that you are more focused on making money than you are anything else. Any business that is soley focused on making money and not servicing their clients is bound to fail.

Theres some wording in there also that doesnt sit well with me, such as ..."whatever" and "...all that good stuff". Sounds like a business plan scribbled on a cocktail napkin to me.

RJ