User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

accurate keyword desity tool...

Hi,

I have used a few keyword density tools and none of them give me the same answer. any one know of an accurate keyword density tool?

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no such thing as an ideal keyword density so you will get different answers depending on who is deciding what their version of ideal is.

See this thread: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519738

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to read that thread again, I haven't changed my opinion and still think that you can exceed an acceptable density and cause a keyword stuffing penalty. In normal writing i.e. written for a human, there's a natural distribution pattern for the words which make up the subject matter of the writing, the keywords.

I find it hard to believe, both through logical analysis and personal experience, that Google's algorithm doesn't include a module for analysing the distribution of keywords in website copy and trying to decide if an attempt has been made to 'game' the search engine through keyword stuffing in order to gain an unfair advantage over the competition.

It seems logical then that if you over-use a keyword, especially if it's all the important page real estate like titles, alt desc etc, you can be penalized. Therefore, there is a keyword density which you should not go over. It may not help your relevance but it avoids keyword stuffing penalties.

Or.... Google don't care and let you use whatever words you want as many times as you want even if it's unreadable to humans.... you think? So have a think about it and don't accept "There is no such thing as an ideal keyword density" right off the bat.
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    Interesting to read that thread again, I haven't changed my opinion and still think that you can exceed an acceptable density and cause a keyword stuffing penalty. In normal writing i.e. written for a human, there's a natural distribution pattern for the words which make up the subject matter of the writing, the keywords.

I find it hard to believe, both through logical analysis and personal experience, that Google's algorithm doesn't include a module for analysing the distribution of keywords in website copy and trying to decide if an attempt has been made to 'game' the search engine through keyword stuffing in order to gain an unfair advantage over the competition.

It seems logical then that if you over-use a keyword, especially if it's all the important page real estate like titles, alt desc etc, you can be penalized. Therefore, there is a keyword density which you should not go over. It may not help your relevance but it avoids keyword stuffing penalties.

Or.... Google don't care and let you use whatever words you want as many times as you want even if it's unreadable to humans.... you think? So have a think about it and don't accept "There is no such thing as an ideal keyword density" right off the bat.
    I think there is a difference between "ideal keyword density" and spammy content. It would make sense for Google to have a formula for raising a red flag based on an overly high keyword density. At some point that content just has to stop making sense to human beings. But that doesn't mean there is a keyword density that is optimal for a page's ranking. It would just mean their is a range where it is not going to raise red flags as being potentially problematic.

SitePoint Zealot theawristocrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try the allintitle:"keyword" in google. if there are a million sites competing for that keyword, then its dense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    I think there is a difference between "ideal keyword density" and spammy content. It would make sense for Google to have a formula for raising a red flag based on an overly high keyword density. At some point that content just has to stop making sense to human beings. But that doesn't mean there is a keyword density that is optimal for a page's ranking. It would just mean their is a range where it is not going to raise red flags as being potentially problematic.
    So we agree then, excellent!

What you just said is the exactly point that I've been trying to make all along, I just obviously didn't explain it very well (Although I thought I did but there ya go).

I never said that keyword density helped a page's ranking, not once, we both know that on-site optimisation is nowhere near as important as relevant backlinks, although it's a factor, obviously. I've never believed that there's a keyword density that automatically gave you an advantage over your competition and I really thought I'd made that clear.

The only difference in our opinion on this is that I actually have a normal keyword distribution percentage range in mind when I do on-site optimisation.

Sincerely, the drama queen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awww right! Let's put this baby to rest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Awww right! Let's put this baby to rest!
    Tucked up in its cot contentedly at rest.

A new thread containing the phrase 'keyword density' should automatically trigger a search for previous threads and a little pop-up that says "Please don't wake the baby, we only just got her down, again".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To OP: word-tracker seems to be one of the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, since the thread orginator wanted a keyword density tool, here's a good analysis tool - http://www.ranks.nl/tools/spider.html

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redinpdx View Post
    Hi,

I have used a few keyword density tools and none of them give me the same answer. any one know of an accurate keyword density tool?
    http://www.code4gold.com/webmasters/...rd_Density.php

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's no such thing as accurate tools as all these tools were just using their own method/algo. Its better to ask the best tool,.

you can try this: http://gorank.com/

eXtremE StorMeR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so there's any accurate one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letsjoy View Post
    I don't think so there's any accurate one
    How hard is it to count the number of words on a page and show what percentage of times they all appear?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    Anyway, since the thread orginator wanted a keyword density tool, here's a good analysis tool - http://www.ranks.nl/tools/spider.html
    thanks for this one...

SitePoint Zealot theawristocrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you can afford to pay, try wordze.