SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

advertising banners

hi all id like to find out how you get users to buy advertising space on you sites? what experience have you had with it, is it a good thing to do?

im looking at adding this to one of my sites just on the homepage. im using text link ads at the moment which ive had a few buy but i want to make a bit more out of it if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how you get users to buy advertising space on you sites?
    Why would users buy advertising space, you mean advertisers right?

First thing you got to do is to make an advertising space information page, you may publish your rates, although not mandatory and you must be able to provide impressions stats.

They will come to you or if you want to be more agressive about it, hire someone who will earn commission to do so.

Adsense is less time consuming than old school advertising practice. That's why adsense, comission junctions and all others are very popular. You have only 24 hours in a day, if you're alone in this, continue providing good content and advertisers will come to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asprookie View Post
    Adsense is less time consuming than old school advertising practice. That's why adsense, comission junctions and all others are very popular. You have only 24 hours in a day, if you're alone in this, continue providing good content and advertisers will come to you.
    Agreed, as a new website will have trouble getting direct advertisers an ad network is almost always the best way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I started my website, I was convinced I was too small for advertising networks, niche advertisers came to me, they offered freebies instead of money in exchange for banners and text links which was ok, loved the freebies.

My site is now 6 years old, have partenerships with some corporations, run affiliate ads and use advertising networks. I still accept freebies. Freebies are sometimes better than money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    place ad link in your site to sign up those interested for placing ads on your website.
    Convert your Ideas to Application
    UK Web Development | SEO Guru

SitePoint Enthusiast Patricksia2007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few things you need to do:

1) Convince your reader that you have lots of web traffic at your website. There are many tools that allow you to extract your web traffic information (e.g. google page rank, alexa ranking, unique visitor per day and many others). Display these facts into your web so that others will know about it.

2) Place a link to ask the interested reader to email you or you could include the price into your webpage as well.
    Step by Step Guide Setting up a proper online business
    Discover various Web Marketing Tips and Tricks
    Find out different internet business models to make money online
    Ways to work at home online without being scammed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys lots of good advice. ill have a go and see what happens. i might look into commission junction.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    asprookie - what you mean by freebies...do u get link exchange or kind of their service for u in exchange for u r ads space.

I like u r attitude because everyone only goes after real money

take care

chaturmai