SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How you can drive traffic trough technorati and delicious?

I still wonder, people talk about getting huge traffic from technorati and delicious, but I get only 2-3 unique visitors a day. How can these two sites be so good for driving traffic to your site?! Do I need to create friends or something?
    Author at GraphicRiver

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is their definition of "huge traffic"???

I have found that many either lie, or they think getting a few hundred hits, if that, in a month is "huge." It's usually the inexperienced who say that.

Study the sites to see what is very popular over there. Take notes, if you have to, but study the hell out of them.

And keep on trying, until you get the hang of it and know which subjects get the most hits, and the ones that don't.

Also, like I said in the other thread on getting others to critique ads and a site before going forward...do the same with your submissions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is their definition of "huge traffic"???
    I don't know how much, but some people compare those 2 sites as one of the best. By best I mean that they drive traffic as much as digg, stumbleupon and some others.
    Author at GraphicRiver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unique & useful content will get good traffic.
    Convert your Ideas to Application
    UK Web Development | SEO Guru

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booyah!

BuyUSProxies.com - Elite, Level 1, US Proxies for as low as $1/ea.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really fail to believe that sites like stumbleupon, digg, delicious, and technorati provide consistent traffic. Consider that the most popular sites featured on these services do get a lot of hits, but only during their 15 minutes of fame. In fact, I bet most of us remember getting the content from these service sites before we remember which site we ACTUALLY got the information from. It's a common business idea. Don't be the fish, be the pond. If the little guys are using the big guy to get where he is, it's a chase that will never get you there. The fact is, users are using THE BIG GUYS website to get to your website. Any traffic that you do get isn't going to be consistent.

If you continue to provide good content and continue to promote, you will get traffic that will want to continue to come. Simple as that. Submitting your site to these sites is never a bad idea, but always find more natural methods like advertising, word of mouth, links etc to get you further.
    I live in Madison. Where in the W1RLD do you live?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to get massive traffic from del.icio.us, you need to create at least 100 different accounts from different IP addresses. Then submit your url to del.icio.us with the accounts. If you want to make them yourself, you can hire someone for it.
    Hot Trend: US$1,109.62 In 3 Days