SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile HYIP - High-yield investment program, scams!

i just want to share this to you. Hope you can learn from this.

A client called me up last Wednesday to make websites for him. He wants a HYIP site. I don't know what's High-yield investment program and the good thing is that he is willing to pay me just as long as i could make the websites for him. He wants 4 High-yield investment program (HYIP) sites with different name but with the same functionality.

after the down payment, we met the next time to discuss about how the site works and it's functionality. When i was about to meet him, a friend of mine from the Military Air force give me a surprise visit and agreed to accompany me so we can go bar hopping afterwards. He sat beside at the meeting and listening about how the online payment was done and how the site works. He just keep quite for an hour while listening to our discussion. After the meeting he told me that the clients business was more of a SCAM since he knows a lot like it but not sure how it works online. He is not a techy guy and just a normal internet user. And says that i should be careful.

When we got to the mall, i researched the keyword in google = "HYIP". Wikipedia confirms that HYIP is actually an internet scan. read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-yi...stment_program

just today, i returned the cheque (down payment) along with a document to prove that i will no longer interested in making business with him. The money he offered was high but i don't think i can live with the thought that the money came from a dirty way.

Hope you guys learn from my experience and won't make a scam websites in anyway.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think at this point you owe your friend more than two beers (one for being a good friend, and another for serving his country).

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done! A lot of people would have just taken the money and built the site, unfortunately.
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done. I am very pleased to make your acquaintance and take my hat off to you.
    There are three kinds of men:
    The ones that learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of us have to pee on the electric fence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did the right thing, you have a good friend.

A lot of people are lured into easy money and don't care about other people's experience or advice. Scammers have no remorse or empathy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks! just had a good night sleep. no one can pay for a peace of mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noypi View Post
    thanks! just had a good night sleep. no one can pay for a peace of mind!
    Same here, can't sleep if I've done someone wrong. Peace of mind and worry free spirit comes through respecting others.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think at this point you owe your friend more than two beers (one for being a good friend, and another for serving his country).
    If you or your friend do not drink beer, there is always alternative like ice cream with good tea :-)
    Congratulations and good luck for future :-)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noypi View Post
    i just want to share this to you. Hope you can learn from this.

A client called me up last Wednesday to make websites for him. He wants a HYIP site. I don't know what's High-yield investment program and the good thing is that he is willing to pay me just as long as i could make the websites for him. He wants 4 High-yield investment program (HYIP) sites with different name but with the same functionality.

after the down payment, we met the next time to discuss about how the site works and it's functionality. When i was about to meet him, a friend of mine from the Military Air force give me a surprise visit and agreed to accompany me so we can go bar hopping afterwards. He sat beside at the meeting and listening about how the online payment was done and how the site works. He just keep quite for an hour while listening to our discussion. After the meeting he told me that the clients business was more of a SCAM since he knows a lot like it but not sure how it works online. He is not a techy guy and just a normal internet user. And says that i should be careful.

When we got to the mall, i researched the keyword in google = "HYIP". Wikipedia confirms that HYIP is actually an internet scan. read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-yi...stment_program

just today, i returned the cheque (down payment) along with a document to prove that i will no longer interested in making business with him. The money he offered was high but i don't think i can live with the thought that the money came from a dirty way.

Hope you guys learn from my experience and won't make a scam websites in anyway.
    Not all hyips are scams, but most of them are a ponzi.
    Are you interested with online investments?
    Visit my Hyip monitor and feel free to send your questions
    on our Hyip forum.