User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Advice for Affiliate Program

Hi,

I have just finished creating a new affiliate website <snip>. I'd really appreciate any advice on what I can do to make the website more appealing to affiliates. I want to be able to attract affiliates to promote the site. I believe I have created a site that looks better than 95 percent of the junk that is out there currently. So what can I do to make it even better?

<snip>
    Last edited by Jelena; Feb 7, 2008 at 00:44. Reason: please no urls, and no self promotion

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't promote it. The site takes something like 8 seconds to finish doing flashy spinny things before the design is stable and usable. At that point it's not totally clear to someone what the site is about or what your offer is. There's a big "play" button as if it's a VCR, with no indication of what it does, leading to a signup page for something. If I click on surveys I'm also taken to a signup page for something. I just wanted to find out what you are and why I should sign up... but you've skipped all that and thrown me into a form I'm not ready to fill out. I can't see spending my time and money promoting your site for the people I send to have that experience.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your site? Why don't you put it in your signature or profile.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, guy tries to get help, and his url gets snipped.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon32 View Post
    Jesus, guy tries to get help, and his url gets snipped.
    Self-promotion is not allowed at SitePoint outside of the marketplace and the reviews forums. He can put his site URL in his signature. If he wants members to review his website, there's an entire forum dedicated to that where he can link to the site.

Website Reviews

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And how are the signatures any different?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not calling attention to your site. A post just to say "click on my signature" is also not allowed outside those areas. If we allowed this type of thread then the forums would be full of people asking each other to check out their websites every day just for extra traffic, and the real conversation would be drowned out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    You're not calling attention to your site. A post just to say "click on my signature" is also not allowed outside those areas. If we allowed this type of thread then the forums would be full of people asking each other to check out their websites every day just for extra traffic, and the real conversation would be drowned out.

This should be a sticky or sent to everyones inbox when first signing up... You will all learn downstream how to effectively non-intrusively get your traffic bumps from forums - but don't forget they are here to facilitate REAL conversations, discussions and problem solving et al instead of a free for all ad plug... When someones first post post is 'click here', it is obvious that their intentions are not to learn or take part in a collective effort.

Cheers,
    NC.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    affiliate is very difficult think. First hase to get good traffic, fot that at least will take year. after getting traffic can make money by affiliate or by many other ways. but has to work patiently to get traffic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shakir View Post
    affiliate is very difficult think. First hase to get good traffic, fot that at least will take year. after getting traffic can make money by affiliate or by many other ways. but has to work patiently to get traffic
    It takes only minutes to get traffic to a website. Buy advertising. That's what businesses do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give them many dozens of excellent creatives to work with - banners, sales copy, links, etc, etc. You can't give them enough. Try even offering free web templates the affiliates can use. Bad affilliate programs like click bank give you a link. Excellent ones like Neverblue ads (Zwinkies, Smiley Central) give you thousands of amazing banners to work with.
    Teradazzle.com - Search the Edge of the Web
    "You will be surprised at where you can go from here."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very important thing is your programs. Are you planing to attract affiliates to Revshare or CPA? We just starting to pay affiliates for the free Signups and got amazing results. If your buget is enough i recommend you to start with CPA program.