SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go with wordpress for a small site or for a personal blog and I will go with joomla for an online shop or a bigger site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like Joomla (Personal preference, much like CPanel vs Plesk, I prefer Plesk). But WordPress is nice, I prefer WordPress for a website I don't care much about (Just to post things that don't matter). I think rather than Joomla you should learn Drupal, you can go much further in life with Drupal and the difficulty of learning will pay off after monkeying with it a good year.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joomla seems to be more complicated than wordpress. If you want to use some premium feature of Joomla, you need to know many things about php. However, wordpress is much easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also noticed that wordpress is more globally used. if you are planning on outsourcing for example, you will find out that people outside US are more knowledgeable in using this platform than joomla.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is extremely easy to use, even for unexperienced users and newbies. Whereas Joomla has more of a "frustration phase" in which you try to do the slightest modification and it does not work, of course once you learn to use it and overcome your frustration it is a great CMS. Wordpress also can be used for a lot more than blogs (it is like a CMS) and is easy to modify (how categories are displayed, how content is displayed, etc) by someone with html knowledge and common sense. Also, doing on page SEO is super easy on wordpress.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me I like both Joomla and Wordpress as website CMS. I will always propose Joomla when is large scale and need more extension modules required such as News, Event Calendar, User Permission, File Management and etc. When it come to smaller scale with blog, and some static article site I will propose Wordpress. Both are great open source
    Last edited by DaveMaxwell; Dec 29, 2010 at 06:21.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress do not provide suitable workspace for developers, because when you try to make some modifications in it, for example to create a shopping cart, the whole system is likely to crash. Furthermore, you will not find proper advice from the Wordpress community, because they mainly complain about the features of that system. Finally, when you try to upgrade your existing system, you will usually end up having a lot more bugs than you used to.

Joomla on the other hand is one of the best content management systems for designers, web developers and administrators. That system allows all its users to create great looking websites and also it is really easy for use, by beginners. Furthermore, there are many developers, who create tools, which rapidly improve the performance of Joomla.
    Last edited by DaveMaxwell; Dec 29, 2010 at 06:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joomla is CMS manage ur content with it. Wordpress is plan blogging.

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think this thread has run it's course. If someone wants to debate a feature-specific comparison, then by all means, create a new thread. But this one is just going in circles and adding nothing new to the conversation.

THREAD CLOSED
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse