SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Ad Serving Script

Well based on a previous tip from this forum I decided to try OpenAds. I want a script that I host and have control of but version 2.4.3 of this script seems like garbage. Can anyone tell me of a script that has features similar to this script but actually works. I'm willing to pay for a decent product.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OpenAds is robust and works well. There are thousands of publishers that use it everyday including me. However, there are various other options to take a look at if you don't like it - maybe AdPeeps, AdvertPro, BanManPro and plenty more.

Is there anything specific you need it to do, and what server setup are you running it on?

-Tim

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OpenAds looks nice upon install and very flexible, however upon using it (2.4.3) I have found several problems with it mainly it's inability to a high priority campaign along with a default at anywhere close to the numbers I tell it. Also in another one of my zones, I have many advertisers who are to have equal priority, but some have multiple banners and others do not. I've been told this is a major headache in 2.4.3.

Setup:
    Apache
    PHP version 5.2.5 MySQL version 5.0.45-community

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wacnstac,

What features are you looking for specifically?

I ask as there are a lot of products on the market today, each with its own set of strengths and weaknesses.

As an ad server provider ourselves, it's difficult to have a single product be everything for everyone. This is why I go through an exercise with prospects to determine if our product is the right fit: the "What features are you looking for specifically?" starts the conversation which then leads to more Q and A.

What it comes down to is planning. (After all, a sound plan will have a better chance at becoming a successful venture) Assuming you have a plan figured out, determine the required feature set (for the ad product). Put together a list of ad servers (both suggested by others and ones you found) and then start weeding down the ones that didn't provide anything close to what you were looking for, this becoming your short list of candidates. From that short list you should be able to get pretty darn close to a good solution for your venture.

-Bing
    inClick Ad Server - Start Your Own Performance Based Ad Network
    Key Features | Download inClick Now | Free Ad Server Hosting Offer

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @wacnstac: If you're not looking for something you have to install on your server and keep updated, you could try out our hosted Adregate service.

Let me know if you have any questions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been working with OpenAds and find it very frustrating to even basic stuff. I think I'm going to spend the $99.00 and get Adpeeps. I installed the trial and it took me about 5 minutes to get a nice banner rotation going...didn't even look at the documentation. the interface is a little cheesy, but nice and readable and easy on my eyes. I haven't seen anything else that was as easy to set up and use...seems well worth the price.

Anyone know about the the server load...how does it compare? I think in some of their sales they mention something about optimized server load or some such...whatever that means.