SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Theoretical Physics Student bronze trophy Jake Arkinstall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How would you rate this camera?

I've just bought a new digital camera, a Kodak V1253 (12mp), and I have to say I'm really impressed. The quality is fantastic and the reaction time and shutter speed is amazing.

I'll give 2 few examples of photos I've taken with it. I used my mate Dan and his dog for the examples. It's simply a case of press the button and the photo is taken on that split second, with no delay at all. Compared to other camera's I've used, that is amazing. The photo's I'm uploading are 1/10 original size for upload reasons.

First of all, I had my friend (Dan) swing a stick as fast as he could. This is the picture it took:

A dog jumping for a ball:

Now, how would you rate the quality of the camera based on these (remember 1/10 resized) examples? I'm not experienced with proffesional cameras, so I'm not sure how to compare it.

Thanks for your opinions,
    Jake Arkinstall
    Jake Arkinstall
    "Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel;
    Sometimes its enough to make that wheel more rounded"-Molona

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I would look for in dark shots like these is noise, particularly if you wanted to print these pictures. If the camera was set with a high ISO, noise is more likely. But for just using these on the Web, the quality of these pictures looks good.

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As far as I can see (i'm not an expert) this camera seems to do a pretty good job of a) taking a quick shot, b) showing up pretty well in dark conditions.

It's like sperlock says about the 'noise' in low light shots which show a camera up.