Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Build your own Ruby on Rails Web Applications

Hi

I'm working through the above book By Mr. Lenz (which I think is excellent!) but I'm getting the message "MissingSourceFile(no such file to load -- sqlite3). I think I have installed the whole thing correctly (I've even gone back & installed the version the author was working on!) as I get to the command line OK & manage to display the initial Welcome page on Localhost3000.However, when I click on "About your applications environment" I get this message appearing " MissingSourceFile in Rails/infoController#properties"

Any ideas on resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by agadib; Feb 3, 2008 at 06:16.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem on my Windows XP system after I followed the book's instructions precisely on loading instant rails 1.3a zip and updating Ruby Gems and Rails. The other problems I found were:
    1) No components folder was created inside my application (after the rails command)
    2) The database config file (database.yml) showed the adapter as sqLite3.

I changed the config file contents to match page 91 of the book. The next day the "About your applications environment" error message dispappeared and the environment looked normal (like page 45). I think that was the fix.