User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripes . . .

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zend Guard. They charge $1k/year for this piece of crap and they don't even bother to fix bugs. A serious issue was reported more than a year ago and still they have done nothing to fix it. And it's a serious issue not just a small glitch. In addition to that, it seams to not bother to report errors so if it skips a file or two, you wouldn't know. Oh joy!

Saul

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    Zend Guard. They charge $1k/year for this piece of crap and they don't even bother to fix bugs. A serious issue was reported more than a year ago and still they have done nothing to fix it. And it's a serious issue not just a small glitch. In addition to that, it seams to not bother to report errors so if it skips a file or two, you wouldn't know. Oh joy!

Weren't you raving about that just the other day? Or is that another zendy thing..

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I was praising the new Zend IDE the other day They could pay a bit more attention to all of their products though, it causes problems and not only to me alone.
    Saul

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    gggrrrr..this week at work has been nothing but agro agro agro AGRO!!!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drupal. My brain is hurting.

It's a bit like pregnancy - they say it'll all be worth it in the end (and I'm sure it will be too) but by god it's painful.

I've found myself reading a whole long page of a tutorial only to discover that I haven't actually taken ANY of it in at all. You know the bit in the Simpsons' movie with the monkey and the cymbals in Homer's head - well exactly.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailslide View Post
    ...You know the bit in the Simpsons' movie with the monkey and the cymbals in Homer's head - well exactly.

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gripe this morning is that I do not have enough time -- ever
    Nowhere to complain about it either, we just have to except, and I do not want to… GRRRRRRRRRRR
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gripe today is with the State of California Franchise Tax Board. They are so hard to deal with, it's no surprise that thousands of businesses have left California (including mine) over the last few years. The governor has made a few changes that were good for business, but just the fact that they charge 1.5% tax on PASS-THROUGH corporations is totally ridiculous!
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagewing View Post
    My gripe today is with the State of California Franchise Tax Board. They are so hard to deal with, it's no surprise that thousands of businesses have left California (including mine) over the last few years. The governor has made a few changes that were good for business, but just the fact that they charge 1.5% tax on PASS-THROUGH corporations is totally ridiculous!
    Oh how I would love to gripe about all these stupid regulations and on and on, but instaed I will just on this forum.
    Ulrike

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand it when I drop small things and invariably they seem to bounce into the most inaccessible, non-obvious and inconceivably far away spot on the floor.

I also hate the temporary traffic lights at roadworks. They take an eternity to change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ..Delivery companies that never answer the phone when you are calling them to rearrange delivery/collection!!!

Into another Dimension liam_uk7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who have no ambition. Then try to pass it on to you... Keep it to yourself!
    Function - Great Design Meets Great Functionality

dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    People who barge in a queue of traffic at the very last minute without signalling just because there is a fly's nadgers gap between 2 cars
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most things today come in plastic packaging, so why... oh why, when you go to the recycling bins is the one for plastic so tiny; about a quarter of the size of the ones for glass and paper. Why is it always windy when I go to do my recycling and why do I seem to spend my life chasing bits of plastic across the car park when they blow out of an already full plastic recycling bin? I would love to recycle the idiots who came up with the sizes in the first place.
    There are three kinds of men:
    The ones that learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of us have to pee on the electric fence.

HAHA!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armchaircritic View Post
    ..Delivery companies that never answer the phone when you are calling them to rearrange delivery/collection!!!
    Or the utterly useless delivery company who just dropped off my $300 printer in the hallway of my house and left it unattended for five hours. Anyone of the other 40 people living there could have just nicked it. When I complained to Amazon about it they said: "Oh well we know not all our processes and contractors work perfectly, sorry." Well, great! So they are really taking this issue seriously (NOT!)....
    Cheap web hosting directory listing the cheapest web hosting

Submit articles to an article directory

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    H, I had a similar problem once where a £170 amazon package was dropped off and left unattended and got nicked. I emailed amazon, and to be honest their customer support dept haven't got the foggiest clue what they are even there for.. I felt like I was talking to A.L.I.C.E !! Anyway, they re-sent the parcel after a few nonsensical emails from them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem for Amazon is that all the stuff they are selling is drop ship. The vendors who have their store there with Amazon (I have a store with them), are responsible for shipping, What the vendor says on the package is what counts, If you do not want the package to be left unattended, you must request a signature required shipment.

That of course can cause problems for you when you are not home at the time of delivery. You must call and make another delivery date or you have to go to the office and pick it up.
    Ulrike

HAHA!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think beyond a certain purchase value in the EU it's all signature required shipping. However in my case and I am sure in armchair's case the delivery person deliberately opted not to take a signature (probably an offense against company policy!) be lazy and just drop it off. This happens on all signature required purchases I make from Amazon but they don't seem to give a damn. I am not so fuzzed because I actually fear the loss of the value of the order. Much rather do I dread the prospect of having to deal with Amazon's customer service impersonators about something caused by their inability to enforce their own delivery standards.

a, are you sure A.L.I.C.E doesn't work at Amazon...
    Last edited by Hostpitable; Feb 11, 2008 at 09:00. Reason: FAQ!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think that the stuff I bought was drop ship actually, I believe it came right from their wearhouses here in the UK. Yes about the signature..

HAHA!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole 3rd party seller thing is not nearly as big in Europe as it is in the US. I buy almost all my stuff from Amazon directly. I've only ever bought one item from a 3rd party I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, when I sell stuff there, people think that they buy from Amazon, but I ship from here and prepare the paperwork as well.
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I got a new gripe, I've been working with MS Visio lately. Well I could just stop there. That's already a gripe.

But what really annoys about Visio is how insanely difficult it can be to draw a straight line between two objects. It's very annoying, it really makes me wish Visio was a person so I could punch Visio in the face. I'm drawing my nice little sequence diagram. Hey let's send a message from this object to the other. I draw a straight arrow between the two, I connect one end just fine, the other end, well I can see the point that would make this a straight line, but Visio automatically pushes it to the higher or lower one making this line not straight and damn ugly. So instead I usually just end up not actually connecting them and manually positioning the arrow. This works, but if I try to move things around later, they're not connected. Why is there no "force straight line" option, or "make this a straight line but still keep the objects connected". Seriously Visio sucks.

HAHA!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

builders.... amazingly tenacious percussion drills

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    people complains too much these days, I can't even go online without seeing people unhappy with this, and unhappy with that. they even makes threads about it on forums...
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    …and lookie here who is posting
    Ulrike