SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do i set up banner IMPRESSIONS on my site?

Hi All

I am working on a site, where i need to sell ads on a impressions basis, but i havent got a clue as to how to go about setting up the impressions site of it, do i need a backend the counts the pages loading etc etc. Can anyone recommend a service or software or point me to relevant articles on the net for it.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you going to be selling the ads yourself? If not, then the ad network will track the number of impressions that they serve. Try applying to some established networks such as Burst media, Casale Media and Valueclick (and of course Google AdSense)

If you are, then OpenAds is a great and open source solution to serving and rotating the ads, counting impressions, and counting clicks.

If you are just trying to find out how many monthly impressions you currently get? If so, check the pageview count in your web stats software (AWStats, Analog, Google Analytics, Mint, W3Counter). If you don't have any stats software at the moment, Google Analytics and W3Counter are both free hosted apps and very impressive so I would recommend either of them.

Hope that helps,

-Tim

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Tim

Thanks alot Tim, i will look into all of those.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO ads income only come when a site has traffic. so if you starting just out you shouldn't worry about ads. Once you manage to get at least stable 50 unique visitor daily you can start to shop around for ads. From my experience I just waste a lot time looking for ads. You go here you go there. You try this you try that. But when the traffic is low you can't get the right picture whether those ads works or not. So don't worry about ads but instead worry how to achieve stable traffic for a long term.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, with a new site your are unlikely to make much money from ads anyway as redspace said. However, I have found it is best to design a site around incorporating ads for easier monetisation later on. I tend to just use the relevant size AdSense ads on the site until it gets to a decent traffic level that means that the site could get accepted by some other networks.

-Tim

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ad income shouldn't be your main focus until you have a substantial amount of traffic. You should be focusing on building a quality site with quality content.

Trying to monetize a small amount of traffic is a waste of time as you're really only going to make pennies.

When you do get ready to actually sell ads on your site, we offer a hosted ad management solution called Adregate.