SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priorities when Flipping a Site to Maximize Sale price and Minimize work required!

Hello,

I bought a site on sitepoint a while ago. After considering what to do with the site I decided to fix it up and flip it. As a full time student at a University, and looking for part time job I have minimal time to work on the site.

I know that sites that show profitability, have lots of traffic, are well designed sell for lots of money. And Frankly lots of money is what I want to make!

My question is what should a person with minimal time do to a site to maximize the value of the site while minimize the time required to implement it into the site. I am looking for Ideas along with a list of things to do listed from easiest to do that add lots of value to hardest to do that adds very little value.

-David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would hold on to it and make a long term profit with it. There are so many sites that I sold that I look at now and I know I should have kept them. Not really saying they were the next Myspace.com but if they were still mine coupled with some of the other sites I have, I would be on a track where I would be nearly set. Hold is what I suggest... you know yourself better though.
    Gunwallet.com- Digitally backup vital gun information.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think traffic and seo are important. people will think they can monetize the sites themselves. Anyway if you do monetize the site really well you may as weel keep it. I think the trick is to take out the time factors of a new site i.e building up traffic, getting decent search engine rankings. If you have no time hire some offshore developers to do the work for chep such as manual directory submissions, articles etc