User Tag List

Thread: Link structure

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link structure

I have site A, B, C, D, and E. They belong to the same niche, but each site is different in that each is focused on a more specific area.

Site A receives the most traffic and has been around for a longer while. But the other sites receive some traffic also. Site A ranks first page for most of its main keywords, but not really number 1. Site B, C, D, E also receive traffic but not as much as site A.

Is a link structure where B, C, D, and E all point one way to A more beneficial? Or would it be better if I crosslinked all of these sites? What is the best way to cross link them (i.e. should I put links to each of the other sites on every page of these sites, or just put a single links page for each site and use that to link to each of the other sites?)

Thanks so much.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Chris Beasley is an expert in crosslinking sites and has written several articles about how to do it.

The link will take you to a search of these articles. Be sure to read the one about "Hub and Spoke!"
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read about it from Chris Beasley's site. Okay, so since my sites are related, I could crosslink my websites. Is it enough to put a link to each and every one of my website only on the home page? Or do I have to put the links to every other site on each of the pages?

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would put anchor text links to your other sites in your content wherever they are relevant.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown