SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few joomla and virtuemart questions

Hi, I am looking into using joomla for the first time and have a few questions.
    I want to use it with virtuemart for a simple ecommerce site I'm doing for a mate. He doesn't want to force registration at any stage, either on the info part of the site or the shop part. Is this possible or are users required to register and log in?
    Also has anyone got any of the extensions for Paypal Pro UK working, and if so, do you mind me having a look?

Lastly, is it easy enough to skin/template? I've done a site with CMS Made Simple before and it was very easy to add a new template.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked the virtuemart settings as I have always used account registration required to prevent spam. These are the options you have:

User Registration Settings
    Use silent (hidden) user registration? - (When enabled, users don't need to fill in a username and password for a new account. Instead the email address is used for the new account and a random password is generated. The registration details are mailed to the customer).
    Joomla!: User registration allowed? Yes
    Joomla!: New account activation necessary? No

Not sure about Paypal Pro UK, although I use paypal as one of the payment options.

Skin/template is not difficult depending on your level of skills. Why not consider some of the template/virtuemart options that are available. Much easier and cheaper than trying to skin yourself or paying a third party.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joomla is one of the best CMS in the world. We can easily install template , with out much knowledge.

Regarding E-commerce site, use virtuemart component, which is best for e-commerce site. it contains the lot of payment modules like paypal, cash on delivery, credit cards and so on..

User registration is must for e-commerce site, i don't why you avoid this. User registration will be use full for best service for user.