SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web expert help needed: Safari 2 (10.4 Tiger) JavaScript bug? Cannot figure it out.

Can someone with Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger and some JavaScript knowledge help me out please?

The following page works fine in FF and in Safari 3, but for some odd reason under Safari 2 the JavaScript console gives the following error:
    "Null value Line: 1"

Our forums page (sorry it is not in English)

A quick rundown what the code does. The orange and green fields have some text content. These are placed into two div pairs. The orange box has two (box11 and box12) and the green box has two as well (box21 and box22).

By default, when the page is loaded I am setting two Cookies to 1. Their names are: display_forum and display_tarsalgo. For some reason these vales are not being set in Safari. I think that is because the JavaScript is not being loaded.

These Cookies are the ones controlling which divs are being displayed.

Any help and/or pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks!

dombi

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using Mootools on the page. It turns out Safari 2 has some kind of a problem with the current version of Mootools and especially with its Cookie managing functions.

The "bug" was within the getCookie function. Since my script is based on that, it errored out right in the beginning.

I downloaded newer version (beta) of Mootools, which seems to work on Safari 2 as well.