SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 80 of 80
  1. #76
    SitePoint Zealot ikjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AutisticCuckoo View Post
    What version of IE does this apply to? It works without problem in IE6.

    The semicolon is only necessary between CSS declarations. After the last declaration it's optional.
    I'm running IE 7.0.5730.13

    I would assume it would be the same in IE6 (You know IE )

    True it's necessary between declarations, but I've come to find that a trailing semi colon makes the difference with IE7

  2. #77
    The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Paul O'B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hampshire UK
    Posts
    40,513
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikjosh
    but I've come to find that a trailing semi colon makes the difference with IE7
    If you could provide an example it would be appreciated.

    I've never heard of this bug, or seen it documented anywhere and have never encountered this problem myself so it would be good if you could provide a documented example. I am guessing that the issue was somewhere else in fact and mistakenly attributed to a missing semi-colon.

    However, feel free to prove me wrong.

  3. #78
    SitePoint Zealot ikjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B View Post
    If you could provide an example it would be appreciated.

    I've never heard of this bug, or seen it documented anywhere and have never encountered this problem myself so it would be good if you could provide a documented example. I am guessing that the issue was somewhere else in fact and mistakenly attributed to a missing semi-colon.

    However, feel free to prove me wrong.
    Interesting... I created a test page and it's working... Well maybe I came across something else in the past and I'm confusing the two... You're the CSS Guru so I'd take your word for it over mine

    If I ever come across it I'll take a closer look

  4. #79
    The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Paul O'B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hampshire UK
    Posts
    40,513
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You're the CSS Guru so I'd take your word for it over mine
    lol - I'm not always right and am always interested in new bugs anyway so its worth documenting if you come across it again

  5. #80
    SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    12,158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikjosh View Post
    I would assume it would be the same in IE6 (You know IE )
    I did a quick test in IE6 as soon as I read your post, and it worked without a semicolon. But yes, I know IE, and introducing new bugs in new versions doesn't exactly come as a surprise.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •