User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Selling a niche physical product

Hi,

I have a niche physical product that has been doing quite well on ebay, but now I wish to push the products via my own website, and I am looking for a place where I can find webmasters interested in earning a commission for every sale generated.

I have reviewed cj.com but I would rather prefer a website that have no setup fees and just charges me a referral fee.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can run your own affiliate program, but you're only shifting the costs from a setup fee to yourself. Collecting W4's, sending 1099s at the end of the year, computing and sending payments every month, handling people trying to scam your system with fake sales for commissions, etc...

There are companies that will run your program with less initial investment than CJ, which is where larger companies go. Try Shareasale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should also consider doing some adwords advertising, perhapes even some CPM runs with ValueClick Media. It really comes down to how much money your willing to spend or can afford to spend.

Dan makes a good point on running your own affiliate program, the cost\time offset verus you doing it compared to paying a company is rather large. I would suggest researching all the different options.

Do consider the adwords PPC advertising if your considering pushing your products via a website, you will see a ROI if done correct, research the correct methods on how to use adwords effectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also you could check with few social shopping sites of your niche area, I think it would help you too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    You can run your own affiliate program, but you're only shifting the costs from a setup fee to yourself. Collecting W4's, sending 1099s at the end of the year, computing and sending payments every month, handling people trying to scam your system with fake sales for commissions, etc...

There are companies that will run your program with less initial investment than CJ, which is where larger companies go. Try Shareasale.
    After doing a little research, I totally agree with you Dan.
    ShareaSale seems reasonable enough to get started with! and might work out much better than trying to run it myself.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssandecki View Post
    You should also consider doing some adwords advertising, perhapes even some CPM runs with ValueClick Media. It really comes down to how much money your willing to spend or can afford to spend.

Dan makes a good point on running your own affiliate program, the cost\time offset verus you doing it compared to paying a company is rather large. I would suggest researching all the different options.

Do consider the adwords PPC advertising if your considering pushing your products via a website, you will see a ROI if done correct, research the correct methods on how to use adwords effectively.
    Thanks for the reply ssandecki, I am planning on getting started with adwords that seems like the easiest option to get started with. I am not so sure about running a CPM campaign. I just don't think my product would sell if it is not very well targeted. But I guess I will never know until I try.

-Thanks for the info

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by micfo.com View Post
    Also you could check with few social shopping sites of your niche area, I think it would help you too.
    Hi micfo.com

Could you elaborate as to what the difference between a social shopping site and a regular shopping site is. Sorry for the n00bish question, but I would just like to make sure I understand your suggestion correctly.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by max55 View Post
    Hi micfo.com

Could you elaborate as to what the difference between a social shopping site and a regular shopping site is. Sorry for the n00bish question, but I would just like to make sure I understand your suggestion correctly.

Thanks
    Social shopping sites amalgamate proficient and genuine consumer reviews through user generated content where ultimate users can recommend a product or service that work nice to him/her. example like wize.com, ThisNext, Zebo ect.I think regular shopping you might be knowing well and that does not need any defination.

********* user
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by max55 View Post
    Hi,

I have a niche physical product that has been doing quite well on ebay, but now I wish to push the products via my own website, and I am looking for a place where I can find webmasters interested in earning a commission for every sale generated.

I have reviewed cj.com but I would rather prefer a website that have no setup fees and just charges me a referral fee.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!
    I would suggest Chitika.

Note: I am not in any way involved with the company.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank micfo.com the social shopping this is working great for me :-)