User Tag List

Thread: Yahoo Traffic

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yahoo Traffic

I have several keywords ranked on top 5 at yahoo. But I hardly get 50+ visits from Yahoo in total. For the same keywords I get 400+ from Google. Anyway to improve this scenario?
    Thanks for any suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I read a statistic somewhere that 60% of all searches done in 2007 were done with Google.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their are a small amount of people using yahoo, thats why you get more traffic on google then yahoo

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what you consider a "small" amount of people to be, lawless87. If even 10% of 300,000,000 is considered "small" then that's still 30 million people using the search engine. I wouldn't consider that small at all.

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are thinking in the right way. Mainly just try to figure out which sources are likely to bring the most quality traffic, and then see what you can do to increase it. If you are doing good in Google, then that is already a great achievement, and working hard on Yahoo traffic may not be all that worthwhile when compared with google.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traffic from search engines would also depend on how many are actually searching for the keywords you optimize for IMO
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general, Yahoo traffic converts about three times better than Google traffic for us. Consider PPC advertising with YSM to get more traffic and see if it's worth while focusing on organically optimizing for Yahoo.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yahoo traffic is lower but your site will be listed on all sites they own. I think the keywords and terms can be a little different for some reason. Check out yahoo and the terms they suggest when you do a search maybe add some of those terms also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcj662 View Post
    Yahoo traffic is lower but your site will be listed on all sites they own. I think the keywords and terms can be a little different for some reason. Check out yahoo and the terms they suggest when you do a search maybe add some of those terms also.
    This is so true, Yahoo traffic converts so much better than Google.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about my web the traffic is about 30%from google,20%from yahoo,and other 50%
    But if you use the google's statistic tooles the result will had some change,the google's traffic will add more.
    So I think use the third statistic toole the data will be more fair.
    Good quality and best price of LED Display|and T5, T8 LED Tubes

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cianuro View Post
    In general, Yahoo traffic converts about three times better than Google traffic for us.
    I get 33% more pageviews from Yahoo visitors than I do from Google visitors.

As for the search engines, less people use Yahoo, that much is true. But also, the position in the SERPs has a big impact. Being in slot #2, I get a lot more traffic than I did when I was in position #6. And when I was in slot #1 for a short time, I got more traffic than I did in slot #2.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think more than 65% is covered by google and remaining divided by all others like yahoo msn aol etc. Thats why getting more traffic from google always. Google is the Kinkg

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The parking company I work for is associated with Yahoo instead of Google. For targeted traffic it converts very well.