User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PR release sites

Hi folks,

I just submitted a PR release on PR Leap. They say that there is a free option which I can't seem to locate. I'm a complete noob at this so any help would be appreciated. Also, are there any other decent pr news services that are free? I'm just testing waters right now. Thank you.
    godaycare.com - Canadian daycare listings with reviews
    Parenting and Child care Forum - Canadian child care forum

********* user
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea, sorry. Try another PR service in the meantime.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You always get what you pay for. Most free PR sites offer very limited distribution of your Press Release. In other words, you won't see it in any legitimate news service or on Google. Chances are, the only place it will be seen is on the free PR site.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    You always get what you pay for. Most free PR sites offer very limited distribution of your Press Release. In other words, you won't see it in any legitimate news service or on Google. Chances are, the only place it will be seen is on the free PR site.
    Thanks for the reply, Shyflower

I understand that PRWire and PR Leap would be the best choice. What I don't know is how effective these kinds of releases could be. There are other ways of getting on google news alerts. One would be through posting on kijiji as I have done. It doesn't seem to be that effective. I'm not exactly announcing cure for cancer .

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Additionally, will these free PR releases send your release to targeted journalists? I haven't found one yet that will... and good journalists subscribe to the good services.

Although I'm not familiar with kijiji, I don't believe that posting your release on a different site will get you good results in either Google Search or Google News. I would think if it was first posted on the News Release site, it would more likely be perceived as duplicate content on any other site and NOT be indexed.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kijiji is just a classified site. For some reason their posts/ads are used on google alerts. Actually, I think the same holds to with craigslist. Has anyone on here had great success with their press releases? What benefit have you received?

SitePoint Enthusiast Eric Engel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try to make your press release more focused on newspapers than online news sites. My thinking is that you'll get much better results with it. Here's a few cool PR guides to check out:

http://copyforsale.com/content/view/69/89/

http://www.copywriting1.com/2007/03/6-rules-to-creating-killer-press.html

http://www.copywriting1.com/2007/03/6-press-release-copywriting-secrets.html

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Goldbloom View Post
    You might try to make your press release more focused on newspapers than online news sites. My thinking is that you'll get much better results with it. Here's a few cool PR guides to check out:

http://copyforsale.com/content/view/69/89/

http://www.copywriting1.com/2007/03/6-rules-to-creating-killer-press.html

http://www.copywriting1.com/2007/03/6-press-release-copywriting-secrets.html
    Very good guides and suggestions. Thank you Prof.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think prleap doesn't offer the free option. I actually got some good clickthroughs once from them so I think they are ok.

the problem with some pr sites is that they don't allow you to hyperlink with anchor text, which sort of makes it not worth the time.

However, if you have a good product and want to get the word out there, press releases can work well, but should be supplemented with other forms of promotion because the effects of press releases tend to wear off after a month or so.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse1 View Post
    I think prleap doesn't offer the free option. I actually got some good clickthroughs once from them so I think they are ok.

the problem with some pr sites is that they don't allow you to hyperlink with anchor text, which sort of makes it not worth the time.

However, if you have a good product and want to get the word out there, press releases can work well, but should be supplemented with other forms of promotion because the effects of press releases tend to wear off after a month or so.
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to look into this; I think I saw them mentioning the free option somewhere on theier site. Maybe they forgot to remove the reference from their site.
    Last edited by LauraDC; Jan 31, 2008 at 10:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also there would be possibilities to get in google & Yahoo news!