User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google vs the rest

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but I was very glad that I found out about it, because I've read some interesting things here.

Now I was wondering, I've been using Adsense in the past, but they kicked me because I "was a risk to their advertisers". I'm guessing that means that they're implying that I cheated, which I never did. I have sent about 5-6 new letters to them, but they're just ignoring me. A big letdown from Google, as I haven't done anything wrong. I was making about $80-$120.

Anyway, I needed to look for other advertising companies, and I've tried a few but now lately I've been experimenting with Valueclickmedia and Bidvertiser but they've been clearly underperforming compared to google. I was wondering if the values I was getting were normal values.

In december 2007 I've had 304422 impressions and 402 clicks, making a 0.13% CTR and a eCPM of 0.09 making 28.19 euros. I've been trying the other company now and I've received 75000 impressions and 11 clicks, making $0.87 in 4 days (those are total numbers for 4 days, just to be clear). I won't link the numbers to a company as I'm not sure if they allow me to publish numbers. But is this what I should be expecting? For the Bidvertiser I have selected a category that my site fits well into, but it doesn't seem to attract a lot. And for Valueclickmedia I read reviews that spoke of $5 CPM, which made me dream of hundreds of dollars, but in the end it's the eCPM that matters, and that's always stupidly low. Wasn't the point of CPM that you only need to have the ad displayed?

Am I just overexpecting things here? I don't think 300000 impressions a month is a whole lot, but it isn't nothing either I think. Also, is Google just so much better than the rest? Their figures were just so much better.

Thanks for replies in advance!
    - Frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In theory, no one can currently compare to Google AdSense. They have one of the most diverse and well put together online advertising services on the internet (adwords). You'll just have to deal with the results of alternative programs. 300,000 impressions a month is nothing, one of my sites gets that a day and only earns $30-40 dollars a day.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google Vs the rest? Google wins and will win till it has no competitors on its international level

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to find products or services that fit topic of site and affiliate programs. This should make more than ads if you find right one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcj662 View Post
    Try to find products or services that fit topic of site and affiliate programs. This should make more than ads if you find right one.
    I agree. If you have people clicking on your AdSense links, making you a few bucks a month, why not sign up for relevant Affiliate programs and try to make a lot more?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    adsense is better than the rest. you don't have to have traffic in the thousands to get some income. About support, no online companies will be profitable if they allocate a lot of capital in that area. that's why they don't bother to worry about support too much. but they will provide a lot of content to educate publisher what they need to know to stay with their program. but not many people do that such as reading their term or checking out their blog. they take things for granted. I believe you still can get accepted back by google in the future. but don't apply with the same website. you should make totally new good content website. get good traffic and get a lot of link from trusted website. only then you apply for another account.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google is, of course, the best, but if you add up the lesser competitors, along with advertising on content sites, you can basically tell Google to go **** themselves.

Too many Webmasters put too much emphasis on Google. They are not the center of the universe. Many, many Webmasters do just fine without them.

And you will be one of them! Just think positive, man.