SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it always advisable to blog in a fast paced niche?

I've read threads and articles about which topics are the best right now to start blogging about, like technology, the internet, blogging tips, etc. But most of these areas are already quite saturated and fast-paced because there's so much going on. So is it a good idea to recommend it all the time? Not necessarily so. How would you keep up with it? And would you necessarily advise a newbie blogger to blog in a fast-paced niche (assuming the blogger is genuinely interested in it)?

Writing new content could get exhaustive over time. I'd like to know of any good tips or articles on how to blog well without getting overwhelmed in your niche.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you consider hiring this task out? You can get someone with pretty good skills at a decent rate. As a matter of fact, to keep your costs down, you could alternate with the hired blogger.

As far as content is concerned. How about highlighting 1 aspect of your niche every other day?

********* user
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you write about a topic/s you are interested in. You will have fun and learn a lot in the process.

E.g. if you work as an engineer, write about engineering topics. You will be learning and at the same time, helping others and gaining something.

You will be hitting two (or more) birds with one stone.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am writing a topic that I have an interest in, but that's the problem. It's one where the news moves so fast and it's too exhaustive for one person to keep up. There are too many new events to cover and it seems inconsistent to randomly choose stories.

For now I've settled with making more detailed "editorial-type" posts so that I'm not pressured to report every single new thing. Looks like I'm not going to cover the current news until I can afford to hire more writers.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have quantity, you are likely to sacrifice on the the quality so it is good if you focus on editorial type content.

No point catering to the general audience and be something for everyone, if your interest is in a particular niche, then zoom in and offer useful content there.
    Interesting Soccer Analysis on SoccerNet Live

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true that about it being smart to blog about something you like or are interested in. But it is also true that other people blog about the most random things. I think at the end of the day, if they are getting traffic, they'll keep doing it.