SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I too impatient waiting for google to index me again?

At the beginning of the year I started taking a renewed interest in rebuilding my information site. On the start of the year I completely redesigned my site to include new content and got rid of ALL old content.

Shortly after this I noticed that Google stopped crawling my site. I promptly signed up for their Webmaster Tools service and setup a Google sitemap to help me get them crawling my site again. That seems to have worked fine, google now visits again on a regular basis, probably every 2-3 days.

The problem:
    It still has my old content indexed and none of my new content. Using the Google web tools I looked at the bot is seeing. It still shows my old site content.

Am I just being too impatient? How long does it take to get the new content indexed and identified by Google? How do I increase the speed of my content getting indexed and made live on Google's site?

Thanks.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, you are being impatient. Also, getting rid of your old content entirely was probably not very smart. The more content the better. At least, that's my opinion.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The usual answer: get more links. Higher PR pages tend to get crawled and updated in Google SERPs more frequently. Try interlinking your pages as much as you can as they will help channel PR around your site as well as maximize your internal anchor text.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misread a suggestion as minimize instead of maximize.

I assume with this you are suggesting to include keywords within my internal anchor text?

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinG View Post
    Misread a suggestion as minimize instead of maximize.

I assume with this you are suggesting to include keywords within my internal anchor text?
    Yes. And to find opportunities to increase your internal linking.