SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much should I be making?

I have tried many ad networks and always see different results in how much money I earn.

I would like to know how much I should be making per day or per month for a website with 500 unique visitors per day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one can actually tell you the exact figures, as it depends on lot of factors like what is your site content, your ad placement, the ad network and many such. So you might want to tell us all that.

GFXedit DesignsFree/Custom CSS Designs & Wordpress themes
    Web 2.0 & Me | Personal Blog | IndianWebDevs | AutoPundit |

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, there is no fix formula for calculating how much you should be making with X amount of traffic, there are lots of other factors contributing to a site's earning ability, focus on providing more info/values to your visitors and you will generally gain in return.
    Over 100 Free Wordpress Themes for download
    Get your website a free hosting account
    Dotservant.com professional website hosting since 2000

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant without all of that in consideration. I want to go based on what other people are making with this amount of traffic so I can figure out if what I'm doing right now is right or not.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you offer, how you present your product or service and how you treat your customers plays a very big role in the conversion between visitor to dollars you have.

Anyone can post anything for sale, but if they all use the same ad, the same tone who will truly profit? you have to be unique, make your offer in a way that tells the customer they want and need your product or service but at the same time be real, do not use fluff and over exagorate the value. The worst thing for me as a consumer is to be offered the world to only get a tiny minute piece of the pie. Honesty will get you further a lot faster than dishonesty.
    1HostGuy - Professional SEO Web Hosting
    Shared|Reseller|99.9% Uptime|24x7 Support

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetnine View Post
    I meant without all of that in consideration. I want to go based on what other people are making with this amount of traffic so I can figure out if what I'm doing right now is right or not.
    That's like saying "IF my head is in the oven and my feet are in the freezer, what is the temperature of my stomach."

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to know how much the average website is making from Ads that is getting 500 unique visitors/day. Is that so hard to ask?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends o the type of site you have. If you're talking about an arcade site then expect $0 - very little earnings daily.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if you are talking about the site in your sig, then id guess you'll be making less than 50c per day... (I only see 1 google ad for revenue)

if you've tried many ad networks, pick the best, and thats what you should be making. If you want to make more, get more traffic, or add more advert spaces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is incredibly difficult to answer without knowing what niche you are targeting, which advertising streams you have and how many ad networks you are running on the site at the same time.

Earnings with only Adsense varies very much. Let's say you get a 3% CTR and get payout of around $0.10 per click. With 500 users that's around 15 clicks which equals around $1.50 per day. That should pretty much be a good guideline of an "average" site's earnings with 500 visitors.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends what program you use to, usually 1% click on AdSense.