User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your opinion on those stats

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate some feedback from the pros here, on my stats (average). Im getting many clicks, but my friends are telling me that the money is too little:

AdSense for Content :

Page Impressions: 2,254
    Clicks: 162
    Earnings: $7.99

Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your averaging just under 5 cents per click, yes it's low but then what niche are you in? So areas are typically low like cooking (my chefs site rarely gets more than 5 cents a click).

Other areas are very high like the mortgage niche where my site averages over 1 buck a click, however..... I only get 3-5 clicks a week on the mortgage site due to low search querys, IE: not a lot of people looking for a mortgage online compaired to people looking for recipes!

626 searches per day for Home Equity Loan
    17,383 per day for recipes

My finding is that the higher the click price the less traffic there is. It's like they are willing to pay big bucks for clicks to get as many of the few as possible where as if the traffic is huge they are willing to pay less and not be in the top position and still get plenty of traffic.

Does anyone else see this happening?

$7.99 is great if it happened in one day or a week, if it happened over the course of several months......CHANGE NICHES!!!!!!

Good Luck
    Brian Ankner
    Hot new lightning fast anonymous proxy for private surfing!
    Anonymous Proxy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im making $8 a day, sometimes up to $13

the niche Im in is religion, which is why many people pay very low for their clicks there - since it has nothing to do with money. It's just promoting ideas, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $8-$13 bucks a day is nothing to complain about if the site is on autopilot.

If you wanted to increase income you could get a few related ebooks with resell rights and put them on the site. If you need help with that just ask and I will be happy to explain how to do it, as will many people in this forum!

With 60,000 visitors a month you WILL make some sales as long as what you are selling isn't junk. You might find something at http://www.privatemarketingclub.com it's a free site for getting resale rights products.
    Hot new lightning fast anonymous proxy for private surfing!
    Anonymous Proxy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another tip, it's against the AdSense TOS to display those stats to anyone but the publisher or the publishers company.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bankner View Post
    $8-$13 bucks a day is nothing to complain about if the site is on autopilot.

If you wanted to increase income you could get a few related ebooks with resell rights and put them on the site. If you need help with that just ask and I will be happy to explain how to do it, as will many people in this forum!

With 60,000 visitors a month you WILL make some sales as long as what you are selling isn't junk. You might find something at http://www.privatemarketingclub.com it's a free site for getting resale rights products.
    Sure, putting ebooks on the site? I dont see how I can make money out of this. Can I have more details please?

Thanks!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you spend most of your time on this site then it is rather low stats but the reason is the niche...