SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burst - Monthly Service Fee!?!?

Got my check in the mail today, and I see a nice green piece of paper at the bottom announcing EFT. Thought it was dandy, but I look a the small disclaimer at the bottom.

*Please note: A monthly service fee of $5.00 will be charged to those publishers who choose not to receive their funds electronically.

WHAT!?!??!??! EXCUSE ME?!?!

I might be young, but I prefer to have a record of a check on file this way I mark it off on my internal billing system. While I've used EFT and PayPal both before, I rather have a good ol'' traditional check come in.

I'm sorry, but I gotta say something because NO OTHER company I've used has ever billed me for preferring good ol traditional checks.

Get rid of the fee Burst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, I much prefer EFT compared to cheque, there's no chance of it getting lost in the mail and it's usually cleared much faster with less hassle.

Come on... this is 2008, and you still want an IOU written on a dead tree?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see that ad networks are going to drop the check payment option in the future

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid I'm that sort of guy. At least when I get audited by Uncle Sam, something's tangible.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally in the case of an audit Uncle Sam will ask you to prove your expenses, not your income. If you claim income you have no records for they won't say "Well gee Mr. Smith, you can't prove to us you made that income with a piece of paper, so we'll just not require you to pay taxes on it."

Banks on the other hand, they want your income. My first house as part of the approval process I brought in all 300+ check stubs I had gotten from various ad networks for the year previous.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums