User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good PHP/MySQL e-commerce resources

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a good book on the whole process of building and setting up different kinds of online stores (shopping cart systems, searchable product databases, online payment systems (paypal, verisign, etc).

I'm looking for something directed at an intermediate user, I don't wanna waste my time sifting through introductions to the languages, I just want a good resource to teach me best practices and fill in the gaps.

I've found one such book, but it relies on smarty for PHP and, as a high level designer, I have no interest in using a template system.

Basically does anyone know of a book, or other resource that would meet my needs?

Thanks!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Kailash Badu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want a book that that teaches how to set up a shopping cart from scratch or do you need a book teaches you to build e-commerce store from existing systems such as osCommerce, ZenCart etc?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'd like to learn to build it from scratch, I have an interest in learning the way the whole system works.

I think the long term benefits make it worthwhile in terms of completely understanding the system I create for customisation as well as honing my programming skills.