Results 1 to 3 of 3
Jan 19, 2008, 03:37 #1
Linkbaits- An Effective Ranking & Traffic Pulling Technique!
Linkbaiting is one of the top methods that gain you visitors and improves your ranking in the Serps. A successful link bait post would get you numerous backlinks, in a relatively very short time and without you having to do much work.
Link baiting in simple terms means creating a post that lures “baits” visitors or other webmasters and bloggers to link to it, or to mention it in their sites. Linkbaiting is an art by itself and every now and then, a webmaster or a blogger comes up with a new linkbait idea that is relative to their blog and makes it a success story.
Types of Linkbait posts include:
- Top 10, 20, etc. Methods to bla.. bla.. bla! Or most stupid/ must read posts…. etc.
- Humorous cartoon picture/s displaying a joke or a story related to famous people in your niche. (Must be original).
- How to bla, bla, bla, .. in 3/4/5 easy steps.
- Mini game (maybe flash) related to blog’s niche… (Must be original).
- Quiz posts. These are posts that have questions for visitors to answer, to determine if they are bla bla, or what type of bla bla they are or if they are a successful bla bla or a loser bla bla (replace bla bla with whatever topic you want!). This is the kind of stuff that fills chicks magazines, ala “chickbait” . Powerful stuff.
Once you have created your linkbait post, digg it, stumble it, reddit it…etc. or refer a couple of other webmasters/bloggers to it, or maybe mention it in a forum or two and just sit back and watch. It will do its magic.
Jan 20, 2008, 22:55 #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Jan 21, 2008, 07:38 #3
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Slave I
- 2 Post(s)
- 1 Thread(s)
We already have a thread about link baiting: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526539