SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question I need ideas/suggestions on how to manange multiple blogs?

I was tasked several months ago to create and manage blogs (the primary goal being revenue generation) for each member (we have created 5 so far; there are 2 more that have yet to begin) of a team of motivational speakers. My client manages the "branding" image of these people who have been very successful in their own careers and wealth building. There is a slight following for these individuals, but not enough to give high impact traffic to the ad programs we have in place. Here is where I am:

1. The blogs are currently located in an open source system under blogger.com. So each person has their own blog and a seperate account. Ex. person1@blogspot.com, person2@blogspot.com, etc. I set it up this way because some of the people involved aren't that tech savvy and I felt it would be better to create their accounts there. I am finding that I post most of the blogs entries for them though. Plus, at the time, I was very new to this!

2. All the ads run on these blogs are under a single account. I place the code in each blog template.

3. The "team" already had their own content type website when I started the project. It lacks in a lot of areas, but I am not the webmaster. I did have the blogs I created linked to from the site.

I NEED to get more traffic to these blogs and if that means I need to switch to something different, okay. BUT, I don't think I can get the client to buy off on seperate domains for each person.

We are set-up and active on FeedBurner and I am working on my linking campaign, but any other advice here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check on high-traffic blogs and leave comments on their posts. Each comment will give you a space for a url linking back to your site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can decent revenue be generated using blogger.com??

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Domains are cheap, so I don't see the hangup there.

I understand with Wordpress.org (using a domain name) there is a way to post by email. I have not tried it, so can't say how well it works. If that could be setup, they could email/post to their blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botrishlaw View Post
    Can decent revenue be generated using blogger.com??
    techcrunch.com, mashable, lifehacker.org are multi-million dollar blogs. It's all up to how you fill your blog with content and market it in a crowded virtual world.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since your bloggers are motivational speakers, you should have them each write an article that you can syndicate or place on other blogs. Being a Guest Blogger on a larger blog will offer a notoriety and the link back should get people clicking.

********* user
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    press release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check this post it has pretty nice tools to manage your blog, hope this will help; http://techie-buzz.com/wordpress-plu...s-release.html

Business Growth *******s, Inc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good resource Micfo.

Additionally I would advice you to train yourself in management, both of technological and human resources. That way you'll discover how to train and motivate your team to take your workload. Right now you're not managing, you're assisting your team.

You are the assistant and they 'mess' you around. That's not a managing function. I'd recommend you check out Amazon.com and Google to find resources and books on effective management. Study and apply the information found.

-Dave