SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter. I don't care if a particular magazine requires the said articles to be "exclusive," many of them will still be in other sources, both on and offline. This happens allllll the time. I have seen it more than once, and, as a writer I know this firsthand. And they know it, also. They don't enforce it to the letter because they know many of the writers do this as a means to pay the bills. Many freelance writers simply can't and won't put his heart and soul in one article, and submit it to ONLY one magazine and get paid very few dollars from ONE source. Financially, he would never mnake it.

Again, the magazines know this. Many turn a blind eye. Or, they will accept a couple of changes in the article submitted to other places, which is, basically the very same article anyway.

You also mentioned About.com as an Internet site that knowingly prints duplicate content, yet in their "Be a guide" section it specifically states:

"Original content (articles, reviews, FAQs, tutorials) written by you"

as their first requirement.
    It's the same with them. In addition, I have also spoken with a "Guide" when applying to be one. It's like what I have been saying in the past few posts now.

I'm sorry, but like it or not, there it is.

This thread got way off track. Let's just agree to disagree.

Sorry, star08.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon32 View Post
    It doesn't matter. I don't care if a particular magazine requires the said articles to be "exclusive," many of them will still be in other sources, both on and offline. This happens allllll the time. I have seen it more than once, and, as a writer I know this firsthand. And they know it, also. They don't enforce it to the letter because they know many of the writers do this as a means to pay the bills. Many freelance writers simply can't and won't put his heart and soul in one article, and submit it to ONLY one magazine and get paid very few dollars from ONE source. Financially, he would never mnake it.

Again, the magazines know this. Many turn a blind eye. Or, they will accept a couple of changes in the article submitted to other places, which is, basically the very same article anyway.

It's the same with them. In addition, I have also spoken with a "Guide" when applying to be one. It's like what I have been saying in the past few posts now.

I'm sorry, but like it or not, there it is.

This thread got way off track. Let's just agree to disagree.

Sorry, star08.
    Here's the thing - You make generalizations like "all the time" "I have seen it" "Common knowledge", but I have yet to see you back up your claims with solid evidence.

The one thing you are right about is that this thread has gotten off track, but the point is that submitting articles is not a quick way to generate traffic.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't need to back it up, because anybody who does a search on terms, like "health, "dating," "financial advice," and, reading content sites sees them. They do it on a continuous basis. Some make a living just from that.

And I don't want to back it up anyway, because I don't care. My original post was to start08 anyway, not you. You believe what you want. It's up to him to take any post with a grain of salt or not, or to try a certain method or not.

Never mind, this thread needs to get back on track. You are right, and I am wrong. I made it all up. Writing for content sites is not a quick way to generate traffic. Feel better?

Back to the OP.

Is there any best traffic methods other than search engine submission

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon32 View Post
    I don't need to back it up, because anybody who does a search on terms, like "health, "dating," "financial advice," and, reading content sites sees them. They do it on a continuous basis. Some make a living just from that.

And I don't want to back it up anyway, because I don't care. My original post was to start08 anyway, not you. You believe what you want. It's up to him to take any post with a grain of salt or not, or to try a certain method or not.

Never mind, this thread needs to get back on track. You are right, and I am wrong. I made it all up. Writing for content sites is not a quick way to generate traffic. Feel better?

Back to the OP.
    You do need to back it up. Just because the OP didn't question you others did. If you participate in a community then expect the community to participate in the conversation. If you don't want others to question you either send the OP a PM with your advice or don't post in an active thread. Not backing it up and then acting like you don't care only serves to hurt your reputation and makes the advice you give far less valuable and likely to be ignored.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not here to gain some sort of reputation, and I don't care if I am questioned or not. Once again...my orignial post was to start08. It's up to him to take any post with a grain of salt or not, or to try a certain method or not.

Back to the OP.

Is there any best traffic methods other than search engine submission

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    create a blog and add context everyday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want traffic faster and have a budget, then ADVERTISE! SEO is the next big thing to draw traffic especially for the long run
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

SitePoint Enthusiast bestofmoney's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theawristocrat View Post
    Dont forget stumbleupon and craiglist and YOUTUBE
    Create a viral video.
    I know webmasters having thousands of visits coming from stumbleupon and they don't get any click on adsense.