Thread: AwStats error.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AwStats error.

Hi,

we installed awstats a couple of months back(Oct/Nov 2007) to start collecting info on our Intranet. After a few teething problems we got it up and running and I'm getting stats displayed correctly, I now have the fun job of extracting the data into something management can understand!

Anyway this morning I notice it has stopped working and it is complaining that the text file, which awstats creates from the log file, is too old to analyse?

The name of the file is awstats012008.intranet.txt.

The previous two files are called awstats112007.intranet.txt & awstats122007.intranet.txt.

At first I thought it compared the file names to pick the most recent and figured maybe it was getting confused over the numeric part so I moved the two 2007 .txt files to another folder but still no joy, I get the same error message each time which just says that the .txt file is a very old history file and therefore it cannot use it!

Anyone come across this before or have any ideas as to what's wrong?

Many thanks,

Tim.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I have another problem and I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a decent online resource which will help answer my question, or at least give me some concise and understandable instructions/explanations to read through, I don't find the awstats manual/help file particularly helpful at times!

At present although I have managed to get awstats to run and produce monthly figures I can only view the current month, I don't get the option to run awstats from the browser and the drop down that i've heard off for which date I want to see does not show?

So does anyone know how to run or show stats for previous months, can this only be done from the command line and if so how? As I'm a complete novice when it comes to the command prompt.

Many thanks.