Hi guys.

I have downloaded the sample Sitepoint book about Ruby on Rails with a view to buying the whole thing when I reach the end.

I have installed instant rails and done the update etc and I am now up page 40 (Building a Foundation). I have opened the Ruby Console Window and typed in the following rails shovell as instructed but it doesn't seem to do anything.... below is the output.... I'm stumped.

Code:
C:\InstantRails\rails_apps>rails shovell
C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record.rb:34: undefined method `gem' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
        from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require'
        from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:182:in `activate'
        from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:181:in `activate'
        from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:167:in `activate'
        from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:166:in `activate'
        from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:37:in `require_gem_with_options'
        from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:31:in `require_gem'
        from C:/InstantRails/ruby/bin/rails:17

C:\InstantRails\rails_apps>