SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help me regarding transfer of my blog from wordpress.com to wodpress.org !! Please !!

I have a blog www.monaafzal.wordpress.com. I transferred my blog from www.monaafzal.wordpress.com to www.zaiqa.net hosted by Netfirms just recently using the wordpress export - import options. But the names of those who left comments on www.zaiqa.net are not appearing on all browsers. The comment author names on www.zaiqa.net are appearing on only Opera. Why is it this way? Why are the names of who left comments are appearing only on a single browser-Opera?! and what shall i do so that they appear on all browsers?

I contacted regarding this problem to netfirms to which they directed me to this thread at wordpress.org - www.wordpress.org/support/topic/128080?replies=6

Help me out, what shall i do so that my blog from wordpress.com get properly and exactly transferred as it is to wordpress.org.

I'm not a techie person, i do not have much knowledge about all this, so please, be a little descriptive, the simpler way, so that even a lame person in the field of HTML, Codes.. can understand.

I'll b v thankful if anyone really helps me out.

Thanks.

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

blog transfer

Hi mehek, welcome to the forums.
    Do what other users in the WordPress support forums did that worked regarding re-importing. The patch involves modifying 2 files (lucky for only2!).
    The wp-admin/import/wordpress.php and wp-admin/export.php files.
    The code in red is the existing code that should be commented out, like so
    PHP Code:
    //                $return = $wpdb->escape( trim( $return[1] ) ); 
    and the code in green is the new patch code that needs to be inserted. So the code in your files should go from this
    PHP Code:
    while ( $c array_shift($this->categories) ) { 

$cat_name trim(str_replace(array ('<![CDATA['']]>'), ''$this->get_tag$c'wp:cat_name' ))); 

// If the category exists we leave it alone 
    to this
    PHP Code:
    while ( $c array_shift($this->categories) ) { 
    //           $cat_name = trim(str_replace(array ('<![CDATA[', ']]>'), '', $this->get_tag( $c, 'wp:cat_name' ))); 

$cat_name trim($this->get_tag$c'wp:cat_name' )); 

// If the category exists we leave it alone 
    for each of the changes. Make sure you avoid problems and use a plain text editor like Notepad to make the changes.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Mittineague, but where are all these present so that i can go and edit it ?!

I know i'm a dumbo !

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

patch code

I found the link to the patch in the forum thread you linked to. It's http://trac.wordpress.org/attachment...ta-r5694.patch