SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile photo upload script recommendation

Im running a joomla install and would like some java applet to allow users to upload photos attached to thier memberships for identification. I like the facebook way.
    Does anyone know if this java applet is available for purchase ?

Or in general what are the best uploader scripts out there. If it comes with a gallery maybe so much the better, the trick is that I need the gallery not to have a separate user account system, I cant force my users to register twice.

thanks for your advice. I have thought a nice php and ajax script might be good but there is a lot to uploading a photo well and the facebook one is good and easy.

thanks again

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps you can check out the gallery 2 joomla intergration, check joomla extension for the gallery 2 joomla bridge.

Hope that helps.
    Over 100 Free Wordpress Themes for download
    Get your website a free hosting account
    Dotservant.com professional website hosting since 2000

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

Yes im aware of it, I wanted to know if there was a better upload applet than the last time I saw that extension. I think I really want a custom job thingy ? will look into it more. I was using zoom, but it was no longer supported with some pretty major bugs and people were left unable to upload unless they were an admin ! So I dont want this situation again. In many ways all these galleries are too feature rich.

Keep it simple and working- focus on integration Id say..

thanks