SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How to counteract the influence of sites such as nichecreator?

No doubt you will be familar with the filth of nichecreator, a program and website that perpetuates the idea that new niches are there to be filled with unholesome websites.

My question is, how do you manage your promotion to counteract such sites that devalue the niche you are in? Have you had any experiences of sites trying to gain a foothold in the area you were in as one of the first? Specifically, to websites that will only bloat the niche with total rubbish.

Any advice or experiences shared welcomed

SitePoint Enthusiast Eric Engel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that you don't really need to. As I looked at the tool you mentioned, it seemed apparent that this was just 'yet another site duplicator'...the kind that come and go in waves, and the SE never pay a bit of attention to.

What's more, since people never do any kind or REAL marketing for these sites, it's not like they get a lot of visitors anyway.

Just keep doing what you're doing, and focus on your audience. That's your counter move!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sites that result from programs like this are destined to failure. You need the knowledge to back up the site that you create and if you are using a program like this then you obviously haven't got it.

I wouldn't worry too much.

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suppose you guys are right actually, quality content would always win out over smash and dash sites.

SitePoint Enthusiast Mike Newton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armchaircritic View Post
    I suppose you guys are right actually, quality content would always win out over smash and dash sites.

Absolutely! Many of these programs leave footprints that many users do not bother changing. Others just stick a site up with 10-20 articles, a video or 2 and some Adsense/advertising and leave them.

Google for one, has been publicly stating that they want quality content and long-term, this is the strategy. Be seen to be an authority site, link to other authority sites, over-deliver and provide continually updated quality content.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right-you show that you are knowledgeable in your field and you put up quality stuff and you WILL be noticed.

I love the term smash and dash, never heard it applied to websites before.