SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think DCrux is correct. The thread started off about "what SE's percieve as authoratative". There is disagreement between the title and the premise set in the OP.

I have read lots of "good content" that I would not necessarily consider authoritative.

IMO. your first two sentence in the post actually confuse the issue rather than clarify it.
    Last edited by old_expat; Mar 10, 2008 at 19:07.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Good content should be to be very informational about the related article.
    Not only for SE and thats whats been happening now a days. The article is only written for SE and for better rankings but those articles are not written by professionals.
    Any one write about health articles with good SEO but the writer has no clue about the certain terms. He just writes it for SE.
    So good content must be written by the one who are expert in their fields.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleymacy View Post
    So good content must be written by the one who are expert in their fields.
    I wouldn't say this is true. Good content can also be written by an average person. An example would be a good review of a product or service that helps other average people understand that product or service.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say this is true. Good content can also be written by an average person.
    If an average person ask to write about AMD Computers. Lets say he has never used it before, even seen it before. He is a good writer though, and doing some research he writes a good article. But is it called as actually a Quality article?.Someone writing about things that he/she has never seen or experience it?

Same things apply on health sectors. People who doesn't know anything about diseases writes an article but Does it shows any sense of expertise in the subject matter? Will it help for the people who are searching for help?

Alley

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleymacy View Post
    If an average person ask to write about AMD Computers. Lets say he has never used it before, even seen it before. He is a good writer though, and doing some research he writes a good article. But is it called as actually a Quality article?.Someone writing about things that he/she has never seen or experience it?

Same things apply on health sectors. People who doesn't know anything about diseases writes an article but Does it shows any sense of expertise in the subject matter? Will it help for the people who are searching for help?

Alley
    Someone writing about something they have no knowledge or experience with would most likely be bad content. But someone doesn't have to be a brain surgeon to write about brain surgery. They can have brain surgery or know someone who has and write about the experience. That would be quality content.

Quality content goes far beyond just writing an authoritative paper on a topic. If that was the case we would only need Wikipedia and most other websites can shut down.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are still having trouble with clearly defining what "good content" really is. I think the subject is open to interpretation, much like art and music. Obviously we have to exclude absolute junk to make this statement valid. As I stated earlier, the same content might be very useful to one person and completely useless to another.
    godaycare.com - Canadian daycare listings with reviews
    Parenting and Child care Forum - Canadian child care forum