User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

number of searches

Hi,

Is there a service/tool that tells me how many times a certain search term gets entered in search engines like google?
    Thanks
    Florian

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There aren't any tools that can give you exact numbers but sites like wordtracker.com and Google's Adwords tool can give you an idea of search volume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://trends.google.com

Trends is good for comparing search volume for different keywords and phrases.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is hard to find a tool that can give the exact numbers, most of the key word tracking services are using different sources to compile the search database and it is generally more towards results from PPCs, which one way or another do reflect certain degree of popularity.
    Over 100 Free Wordpress Themes for download
    Get your website a free hosting account
    Dotservant.com professional website hosting since 2000

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At work we subscribe to a tool called Keyword Discovery, its a little pricey but a really cool SEO keyword tool Also makes it easy to export the data for clients to give them search numbers. But naturally most search numbers are not precise, most just guesses. You can also create projects and store keywords associated with a particular site in its own project. It also has history search numbers. Cheers.
    Daryl Quenet, Web Developer / SEO Consultant
    Web Design Canada, Link Building 101, Dr MadCow's Web Portal

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought for sure that there would be good tool for this. Isn't the number of searches the first important step or information before you do a PPC or other search engine campaign? If you dont know how many searches, how would it make sense to even start a campaign? How can you find a niche without having a tool that tells you how often a term gets searched?
    I looked up Keyword Discovery and it is expensive. trends.google didnt really give me any numbers. I need to spend more time with wordtracker since it didnt give me the info that I was after just yet.
    I am after an easy tool that just lets you type in your term and returns the results in search numbers

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try searching terms then checking each one on different tools. You will notice mutiple terms for certain keywords.

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drmadcow View Post
    At work we subscribe to a tool called Keyword Discovery, its a little pricey but a really cool SEO keyword tool Also makes it easy to export the data for clients to give them search numbers. But naturally most search numbers are not precise, most just guesses. You can also create projects and store keywords associated with a particular site in its own project. It also has history search numbers. Cheers.
    Where does keyword discovery get it's search counts from?
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy hooperman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading that they source "180 search engines", one of them being Google but I'm not sure of the details.