SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

website sales and google first page

Any one here have increases in website sales when your website is on first page of google ? I think google adwords clicks can get more sales .
    WATCH FREE TV SHOWS ON YOUR COMPUTER ?
    http://www.freetvshows.info
    BUY REAL WEB TRAFFIC VISITORS HITS AVOID SCAMS
    http://www.webtrafficdealer.com

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very few do.

At one tme I was one of the lucky ones to land on page one, but I got mostly window shoppers, moochers looking for free stuff. And my site was spot on, so having a bad site wasn't the reason why.

I can pull in one hell of a more TARGETED visitors via ads, while at the same time weeding out more window shoppers and moochers. In most cases a Webmaster has no control in what a search engine selects in their site to be put on a search page to be read.

But find out for yourself. Do like I did all last year. Act like a reporter and ask such Webmasters. The honest ones will open your eyes.

Ads, articles, submissions, and word of mouth are the way to go.

It's how the now successul sites became successful. It had nothing to do with being on page one. If they were even lucky enough to land there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon32 View Post
    Very few do.
    ??? Serious...

There is a whole industry around getting on that first page... its also why googles stock is $700 per share. If it didn't increase sales people wouldn't pay to be on that page.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google conversion isn't that great. I find MSN and Yahoo! traffic convert into sales more often than Googles. This just might be an experience by me, who knows.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSN/Live traffic converts best for me, followed by Google then Yahoo!

Back on topic, I get far more sales from an AdWords ad near the top right of a page than an organic listing on the very same page. I have some keywords I rank in the top 3 in that I also advertise on, and people that click the ad are much more likely to buy than those that click the natural listing. It's just a matter of people clicking ads already being in the buying mood.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a site at the top of the list for a long time and yet my rate of retaining visitors remains unfortunately low.

SitePoint Enthusiast Eric Engel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my client's sites was getting a few sales a week via adwords. Once I noticed that their site was on the first page for major keywords, I turned off their advertising. The conversion rates haven't really changed all that much.

But this was a niche industry. For broader industries--not only is it much harder getting on the first page for multiple keywords, but it is even harder to convert them.