SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having problem with AJAX code ONLY in Safari..

Hello, I'm using some code that I didn't write entirely by myself, so I don't understand it completely.

My music website uses a number of APIs to do things such as pull in videos from youtube, grab album art, lyrics, etc.

I understand most of the code I'm using to do all this, except for what's contained in this file called webservice.js, which appears to handle a lot of the ajax stuff and interaction with the prototype library.

Everything is working fine on all browsers I've tested except for Safari, which is returning the error message "This service is temporarily unavailable", which is designated in that webservice.js file.

I was hoping someone wouldn't mind taking a quick look at the code in webservice.js, and seeing if they can tell why the error message is being triggered only in Safari. Possible there is just a minor issue with the code. If you can help point me in the right direction, or explain what causes that error (WebService.prototype.error) to be triggered in that code, that would be great.

Here is the contents of the file: http://pastebin.com/m1beacc50

Let me know if it looks like you would need to see more code, not just in that one file, to understand what is going on.

Thanks!
    Gabe

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump, anyone have any ideas?