User Tag List

Thread: Email Marketing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email Marketing

I'm trying to decide between using MailChimp, or Campaign Monitor for my clients email marketing campaigns. I'm a web designer at an ad agency so I want something I can edit and integrate into a site if needed, but be fairly automated. I will be designing, and setting up email campaigns for multiple clients so price and work flow are issues.

You probably have similar wants and needs from an email blasting service. What companies are you using? What solutions have you came up with?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used a variety of services for smaller clients with good success... ContactContact is my lowest-tier recommendation but gets the job done. Vertical Response is a few notches up but still fairly basic. As you move up there's tools like BlueHornet and ExactTarget which can provide much more enterprise level services and tools but come at a higher price point. What you use for clients is really going to be dependant on what your clients need from a delivery, automation and spam perspective, just about everyone does content ok.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are both great companies from what I've seen, but if you've looked at them you know they both have their own pros and cons and you need to determine what's most important to you.

Mail Chimps pricing seems favorable if you're just starting a list since Campaign Monitor charges a flat fee + per email - but with a larger list I think their pricing is comparable. If you want to give clients access to their own stats without them having to ask you for details all the time, Campaign Monitor seems like the perfect solution.

They and most other email service co's offer free trials of their services, so I think the best thing is to try them out yourself and see which service you prefer best.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't agree more; as much as possible try before you buy. Especially since you don't know if your campaign will do what you want it to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscriber based email marketing could be one of the right way to go with, also rss seems good alternative of email marketing if worked out properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use aweber and they are great so far

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by micfo.com View Post
    Subscriber based email marketing could be one of the right way to go with, also rss seems good alternative of email marketing if worked out properly.
    I am curious; how would you use RSS for advertising? Doesn't it normally require the user to download the RSS feeder?