SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook profile promotion

Hi,
    I was wondering how some sites get added to millions of facebook profiles? Anybody know what the cut-and-paste code is to add a site to your facebook profile?
    If anyone wants to trade facebook profile links, let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you want to promote your Facebook profile?

Facebook has its own advertising platform that you can use to target particular groups etc.
    Honda Civic Forum - UK Civic Forum
    Web Host Reviews - Independent, honest host reviews
    My Portfolio - Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should join a strong group there and be active, the group let you expand your reach that you're looking for, in addition use your profile link in your email signature and business card and other social network sites.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook always seemed somewhat limited to me because of the fact that you cannot add people unless they authorise you. But with the growing number of applications such as human pets and others that allow you to interact with people outside of your circle of friends I can now see the benefit.

I haven't tried it myself yet but I will be watching this thread in the hopes of learning.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook is, and will most likely will stay extremely hard to advertise on, although I believe now that they support certain types of profiles that you can utilise. I've seen some bars open Facebook profiles allowing users to become "fans" of theirs, perhaps some manual work is needed to get some users on your profile. Definitely beware though, because Facebook seems to be pretty hot on spam, try not to cross that line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their "wall post" help somehow to promote, also there are more effective ways.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by micfo.com View Post
    Their "wall post" help somehow to promote, also there are more effective ways.
    Maybe you could share some on here?
    godaycare.com - Canadian daycare listings with reviews
    Parenting and Child care Forum - Canadian child care forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've created a FaceBook page to drive some traffic to my site ... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...1911769&ref=ts

By using an RSS feed poster I've generated real time links to the latest news items and forum posts on the actual site. It takes little effort but gives FaceBookers a chance to promote the site themselves with no effort on my part. You can also ask your users to add an RSS Application to their page to display links to your site as well, if you can get 100 users to do that, you've got 100x pages packed with links to your site Unfortunately none are indexable by Google, but that should at least generate a little direct traffic for you.

Miriam Schwab over at WordPressGarage published a blog post of mine on this subject ... http://wordpressgarage.com/tips/find...dpress-system/

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanhellyer View Post
    I've created a FaceBook page to drive some traffic to my site ... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...1911769&ref=ts

By using an RSS feed poster I've generated real time links to the latest news items and forum posts on the actual site. It takes little effort but gives FaceBookers a chance to promote the site themselves with no effort on my part. You can also ask your users to add an RSS Application to their page to display links to your site as well, if you can get 100 users to do that, you've got 100x pages packed with links to your site Unfortunately none are indexable by Google, but that should at least generate a little direct traffic for you.

Miriam Schwab over at WordPressGarage published a blog post of mine on this subject ... http://wordpressgarage.com/tips/find...dpress-system/
    Hey Ryan,

Thank for the info. I will give it a try. Was very busy this week. Things are picking up slowly
    godaycare.com - Canadian daycare listings with reviews
    Parenting and Child care Forum - Canadian child care forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im focusing more on stumbleupon and digg right now, but I will look into the facebook thing.