SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strange google rank question

Hi
    I am very concerned about a few search keyword on my site
    I own a multi celebrity website arabiccelebrities.com and it’s been online for about 5 years by now. (I personally qualify it as the only original source for such content on the web)
    It used to be unique in its kind a few years ago because I was always presenting original content, but since many sites have came out. All these sites are using many of my pictures scaled or cropped + some low quality pictures scanned from magazines.

I used to have around 4000 visitors and now I barely receive 2000 per day. I Was really busy lately and would like now that I have time to boost it back a little.

My problem is per example with the search keyword: Haifa wehbe (a well known Arab singer.) My site used to be in the top ten positions on web pages and images results on google. I have better quality images than the celebritie’s original website.

I don’t know what happened but it seems to have simply disappeared from the results… I I find many results of sites linking to my site without finding even my site.

What is strange also is that many other search keywords my site has dropped.
    My site have links to well known websites but I have also many links in a link exchange program for small sites on my links page.

Any help trying finding a solution for such a problem

Thanks

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might have lost rank with the link exchanges. I would put the link to your link page on second page not first so it takes Pr from that page not main page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You site is really cool.

I think - you are loosing to more young & energetic webmasters. I reckon the Web has evolved a lot and now ranking depends more on the quality and number of inbound links.

It might happen that, your competitors were far more aggressive than you in link-building to their sites than you. Consequently- they have surged ahead of you in SERPs.

I also checked that your site has minimal text contents. You might think of starting a blog and I believe you can really start pulling back your visitors with your insight into the Arab Celebrity world through your blogging.

You can also go to digg, slashdot and other big social websites and share your resources/stories with the members of those communities. Slowly, your site will get popular (as it is of high quality) and people will start linking your site/pages/stories and you will be back where you belong-- TOP.

But pls mind it that-- its easier said than done. You will have to devote lots of time and put in the hard work. Believe me, it will pay-off.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for your reply
    I will start by removing my links page from my home page and will start submitting my site to some well know directory sites
    I am almost not receiving any visitor from the small sites I am linking to, is it a good idea to keep these or should I remove them.

Back to the search keyword “Haifa wehbe” what is strange is that Google seems to have completely removed my pages from search results (both pages and images)
    Any idea how to get these back to google? As I know that these are the best pictures we can find on the web.
    When using google images serch and selecting only high rez picture results, my images are still not appearing
    Any idea?
    thanks