SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Non targeted video units

I'm perplexed by the video units (or maybe I'm not understanding exactly what it is). If I set up "automated content" keywords, I don't get videos that I see on the YouTube site using those same keywords in search. Same result when I select a specific category/provider - I don't get the same thing that I see from YouTube.

For example, I use the term "aircraft" and only see 9 videos, they're targeted fine, but when I go to YouTube and search with "aircraft", I see 64,000 and some odd videos. Plus the list I have in the video unit and what I see on the search results are completely different. If I search YouTube with "F18", I see videos on F-18's as I would suspect to. In video units, with that keyword (F18) only, I get a video about car wrecks.

So how does one set up video units so that I get what I'm expecting? Or is it still to new?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't like using new AdSense features till they have matured, I've seen so many threads about video units and this type of complaint. I would just give it time before trying to use them.

There might also be a reason why certian videos don't show up, maybe due to copyright issues or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you suppose that Google has to "figure" out the content and match videos?