SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monetizing Hospitals site

Hello all,

I run a hospitals niche site. My site's been around since 1996, but just now I want to monetize it. Can anyone give me some advice on which affiliate programs they think will work best? I'm very new to affiliate marketing (I've tried selling a few things with very limited results).

I'm getting about 18,000 visitors per month, and the niche is Canadian hospitals, so I can't refer medical insurance as there is free health care in Canada (more or less). Again, I don't know if there are any programs that will work (I've tried a few and failed). Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take a look at Commission Junction (www.cj.com) that might have just what you need. I would also consider using Google AdSense (www.google.com/adsense), you might get great CPC rates with hospital related keywords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, in general hospital sites do not use these programs, but ... show us your link.
    I run a health care related sites and can tell you a few programs to run - one is Google.adsense and another one could be jobs related money-maker program - I'll provide you with links later. I would be interested to exchange links or image buttons with you.
    One more is amazon affiliate program for medical stuff and medical books - but you need to add it very gracefully to your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would look at the Pay Per Visitor programs that are out there
    these generally are NOT SELLING but telling
    PM me for more details
    Mary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so I can't refer medical insurance as there is free health care in Canada (more or less).
    Dental plans and life insurance ain't free, you might want to monetize those, and more and more Canadians are looking at private options cause they don't want to wait 18 months for surgery. They are plenty opportunities and with 18K visitors per month, you have enormous money making potential there.

Self help books through Amazon is another option.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think adding a blog on health care topic will let you help in promoting the site.