SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

URL Wraping just like Google

Hello ...

I am working on a project that has search functionality. Everything works great but the client wants the URL's of the pages displayed in the search results just like Google.

The problem I am having is I can not figure out their logic on where to break and where not to ... has anyone tried to come up with a similar solution ... I could sure use a push in the right direction.

Thanks

Mike

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdumka View Post
    the client wants the URL's of the pages displayed in the search results just like Google.

The problem I am having is I can not figure out their logic on where to break and where not to
    Unless you're using AJAX to update the page, this looks like a server-side problem.
    It looks like they break at the space or '/' closest to the desired wrapping point. Just find that character and insert a break at that point. If there is no such character say within half the desired display width, break at the wrapping point regardless. Repeat as many times as necessary.
    Tab-indentation is a crime against humanity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Logic ... I have a script that breaks at a desired wrapping point but was looking to see if anyone had figured out the logic for wrapping at the '/' because that is what I am having trouble with.

Have a good one ...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesn't it break on '/' by default in your browser?