SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Automated Link Building?

Is there a product or service out there that ACTUALLY WORKS when it comes to automating the link building process? If I can't find something, what about hiring a virtual assistant to comment on do-follow sites, directories, forums, etc.?

What has worked for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried any of these, but I rather wouldn't do it, as Google is smart and your site might get a penalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemansgoal View Post
    Is there a product or service out there that ACTUALLY WORKS when it comes to automating the link building process? If I can't find something, what about hiring a virtual assistant to comment on do-follow sites, directories, forums, etc.?

What has worked for you?
    trackbacks, blog comments, pinging the crap out of "blog search" services so you can get a lot of baclinks from splogs, forum spamming, making a program tha automatically finds you link exchanges.

There are a bunch of ways. However, all the people here are mostly whitehat so you wont learn much about automating link building on this forum.

Also remeber to link to redirecting services like tinyurl.com. If they catch you they will ban tinyurl.com. And use proxies

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemansgoal View Post

What has worked for you?
    Automated link building will get you nothing at best. It will get you banned at worst (depending on how you go about it). Instead of looking for a short cut try building a website worth linking to. Tou'll be much more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Waraas View Post
    trackbacks, blog comments, pinging the crap out of "blog search" services so you can get a lot of baclinks from splogs, forum spamming, making a program tha automatically finds you link exchanges.

There are a bunch of ways. However, all the people here are mostly whitehat so you wont learn much about automating link building on this forum.

Also remeber to link to redirecting services like tinyurl.com. If they catch you they will ban tinyurl.com. And use proxies
    You suck for endorsing black hat stuff here. Telling people to spam other people websites is just flat out wrong.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not worth your time. Most sites wind up banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    You suck for endorsing black hat stuff here. Telling people to spam other people websites is just flat out wrong.
    Its just an unbiased option on the question at hand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waraas View Post
    Its just an unbiased option on the question at hand.
    Spamming is unethical and immoral. Telling others to do it is twice as bad.

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Spamming is unethical and immoral.
    If you're talking about black hat I have to say no it's not, it's just short term and piss poor SEO. It's only unethical in my eyes if you use it for a client and give them the impression that what you're doing can only benefit them. If there's no client then it doesn't matter.

Black hat is like jay walking to get to the money faster, it's mostly harmless and you'll get away with it for a while but eventually you'll get penalised and have to find the legal crossing like everyone else.

It's like painting over wallpaper knowing that it'll just peel off in a couple of years instead of lasting.

Black hat doesn't even mean that the content is poor or that the quality of the index is compromised, it just means that poor SEO methods have been used and they'll stop working as soon as you get caught and since good SEO is about longevity, it's just not sensible.
    It's 530 people, but do you really get it?
    ImgWebDesign - Web design in Buxton, High Peak, Derbyshire UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't telling him to do it. He asked how to automate link building, I told him how. He didn't clarify weather wh or bh.

JJ your right about spamming. It dose not last and you have to have a lot of resources to and custom made tools to do it enough to make money. I have had a lot domains banned from it. On the other hand there is money in it, I know at least 4 that are doing $5,000 a day off bh methods.

Anyways back to the original question, does anyone have anyother ways to automate link building?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    If you're talking about black hat I have to say no it's not, it's just short term and piss poor SEO. It's only unethical in my eyes if you use it for a client and give them the impression that what you're doing can only benefit them. If there's no client then it doesn't matter.

Black hat is like jay walking to get to the money faster, it's mostly harmless and you'll get away with it for a while but eventually you'll get penalised and have to find the legal crossing like everyone else.

It's like painting over wallpaper knowing that it'll just peel off in a couple of years instead of lasting.

Black hat doesn't even mean that the content is poor or that the quality of the index is compromised, it just means that poor SEO methods have been used and they'll stop working as soon as you get caught and since good SEO is about longevity, it's just not sensible.
    There's a difference between BH and spamming. You can be blackhat without doing it at someone's else's expense. Spamming is hurting someone else for your own gain. Wanna be BH? Cloak and crap like that. But don't abuse other people's websites.