SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37
  1. #26
    Non-Member Waraas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    350
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    You don't read very well. Those links aren't quality links. Anyone with half a brain can get 100 links in an hour. No one can get 100 quality links in an hour. Regardless if they are an seo fakerempire or not.

    Well if I get 100 backlinks from quality sites and still rank for the term im going for.. aren't those quality links?

    There are lots of ways to get quality links fast:

    1. Digg.com, get something dugg and you will tons of links from other bloggers talking about you.

    2. Link Bait, start some controversy and you will get tons of links. I did it with one of my online company's, I got 2500 backlinks in one day.

    3. Purchase 100 quality backlinks.

    4. Stumbleupon. Spend some cash and purchase some stumbles. I just did this yesterday, I got 1000 unquies and some quality backlinks from people talking about my website. For only $20

    5. Purchase a reviewme/payperpost from a big blogger. You will get other people to blog about you that way aswell, besideds the "high" quality link from the blogger you bought the link from.

    The list could go on and on. You just have to use your head a little. And all of the ways above are quality backlinks. Especially when they rank you for your term your going for.

    Not to mention that I usually use blog comments to rank for smaller terms where the compeitiors only have a few hundred backlinks.

    I also would like to say that I know how to read, but thanks for the insult

  2. #27
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,449
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricks View Post
    As you can see it is up for debate, but domains are so cheap, why not just register it for 5 years for $50 or less and be done with it.
    Because not everyone is confident their website will survive that long. Especially expensive ecommerce sites. I know I am a big fan of auto-renew. That way I don't have to pay more then ~$9 a pop but I also know the domain is going to be renewed automatically so I don't have to worry about losing it. Also, in some countries, $50 is a lot of money. Asking someone to fork over $50 is asking quite a bit of them.

  3. #28
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Westerville
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "budhanes: Show me your "research" that led you to the "conclusion" that your domain registration length was the factor that really helped you. What did you do to eliminate all the other factors that go into the ranking algorithm so you could truly know which factor it was that helped you? Let me guess... you did nothing and just wanted to masquerade your inaptitude by showing off knowledge which you might as well have gotten by asking an 8-Ball.

    I dont need to prove nothing to you! Do your own research. The guy asked a question, and I answered it. I know what helped my sites rank well, and what didn't! I have my own research, so to say I did none, is a mis-informed guess on your behalf! Its people like you who would make me not want to share it here anyways.

  4. #29
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,449
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budhanes View Post
    I dont need to prove nothing to you! Do your own research. The guy asked a question, and I answered it. I know what helped my sites rank well, and what didn't! I have my own research, so to say I did none, is a mis-informed guess on your behalf! Its people like you who would make me not want to share it here anyways.
    Not sharing your research makes it as good as not have doing it. Anyone can say they did research if they don't have to show how they did it. How we tell you did it, much less correctly, if we can't verify it?

  5. #30
    Non-Member Icheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budhanes View Post
    I dont need to prove nothing to you! Do your own research. The guy asked a question, and I answered it. I know what helped my sites rank well, and what didn't! I have my own research, so to say I did none, is a mis-informed guess on your behalf! Its people like you who would make me not want to share it here anyways.
    As a matter of fact, just yesterday I finished another series of research projects. Because you're so nice, I'll let you in on a little secret, and it'll be 100% free!

    If you want to get #1 rankings for every keyword you're after, remove all letters "e" from your website and replace them with porn! But that's not all. You also have to pour salt on your web server in a VERY special way, which makes the server magic!
    Google will instantly recognize that your website is truly special and they will give you #1 rankings across the board!

    Now, do your own research to prove this. I can't tell you how I did it, because then you would easily see that I'm talking out of my ***. Of course I can't allow that. And if you fail to validate my results, I'll simply tell you that you didn't pour the salt on the web server the way you were supposed to. It's brilliant!

    This is going to make me rich.

  6. #31
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budhanes View Post
    "budhanes: Show me your "research" that led you to the "conclusion" that your domain registration length was the factor that really helped you. What did you do to eliminate all the other factors that go into the ranking algorithm so you could truly know which factor it was that helped you? Let me guess... you did nothing and just wanted to masquerade your inaptitude by showing off knowledge which you might as well have gotten by asking an 8-Ball.

    I dont need to prove nothing to you! Do your own research. The guy asked a question, and I answered it. I know what helped my sites rank well, and what didn't! I have my own research, so to say I did none, is a mis-informed guess on your behalf! Its people like you who would make me not want to share it here anyways.
    Forget about proving anything to anyone or showing us your "research", at least answer Icheb's question about eliminating other factors, so we may do our own "research". You can't expect others to accept your statements without questioning them especially if they don't make sense.

  7. #32
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,054
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icheb View Post
    As a matter of fact, just yesterday I finished another series of research projects. Because you're so nice, I'll let you in on a little secret, and it'll be 100% free!

    If you want to get #1 rankings for every keyword you're after, remove all letters "e" from your website and replace them with porn! But that's not all. You also have to pour salt on your web server in a VERY special way, which makes the server magic!
    Google will instantly recognize that your website is truly special and they will give you #1 rankings across the board!

    Now, do your own research to prove this. I can't tell you how I did it, because then you would easily see that I'm talking out of my ***. Of course I can't allow that. And if you fail to validate my results, I'll simply tell you that you didn't pour the salt on the web server the way you were supposed to. It's brilliant!

    This is going to make me rich.
    Yours is a site I'd really like to see.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  8. #33
    Non-Member Icheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't reveal my URL. Trade secrets and all, you know?

  9. #34
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,449
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's here

  10. #35
    Non-Member Icheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we had an agreement to not make that URL public?

  11. #36
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a trade secret. Here it is. It's so simple that you all might want to do the same. I want to help people address their "need". It's very simple. The rest will come with time. Maybe I shouldn't have exposed my secret
    godaycare.com - Canadian daycare listings with reviews
    Parenting and Child care Forum - Canadian child care forum

  12. #37
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,054
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icheb View Post
    I thought we had an agreement to not make that URL public?
    I think John is just after his free rings. But I won't give away your secret. Promise!
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •