SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promoting my PSD to HTML business

Hi,

I started a new business and I will provide PSD to HTML services. Right now I started an Adwords campaign and I'm testing a variety of very targeted keywords. My target audience is Graphic designers that create designs for web sites with Photoshop or Fireworks.

What is your opinion for further advertising my site? (forums, blogs etc)

thank you
    Last edited by Shyflower; Dec 26, 2007 at 05:57. Reason: removed link.
    PSD to HTML / CSS - starting at $99

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try joining graphics forums or comments on blogs. Give free samples of the designs you have done or some tutorials on how to do things. Think of other interesting ideas to attract graphic designers and then link them to your site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Referrals. Lower you rates and get a good consistent customer base. Why is this so popular lately, it seems everywhere I look I see ads for this type of service.
    www.invoicejournal.com - Invoice clients for Free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the ideas. I think I must be patience and try different promoting methods.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you decide to go with ads, go to CSS design galleries like cssremix.com, w3csites.com, csstux.com, cssmania.com, etc and place your ads there. Those places are full of almost-exclusively designers.

The only problem I see is that there are SO MANY out there that your ad will probably be right next to another one. This kind of business is pretty saturated, but there seems to be a lot of demand for it. I find (I, well, my company has one) that once you get a client and they like your work, you pretty much solidified their business as long as they still need slices. I've put ads on various web sites and the high majority of new clients I've gotten has been through referrals. I've never actually gotten one from an ad.

The closest to that would be when my site was on a Smashing Magazine article. Maybe try finding someone to blog about it for you?
    http://shownd.com - Your free online design portfolio.
    http://rehashclothes.com - Swap your clothes.
    http://orpheuxdesign.com - My design studio.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a lot of these ads on ''css gallery'' websites I google for.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

Most of them accept advertisements, so go check it out!
    --Spark911

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are going to do well. You just need to get to know some people. You might also want to consider learning how to code templates for popular applications (wordpress, vbulletin, phpbb, phpld, gallery, etc.). That might give you a few more clients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you realmadrid2727.

I checked those sites but the problem is that their ad costs a lot of money. We're talking about $1000-3000 per month and I'm low on budget. I already found some "cheap" sites to advertise ($100-500) so I will try that.

thanks again for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by realmadrid2727 View Post
    If you decide to go with ads, go to CSS design galleries like cssremix.com, w3csites.com, csstux.com, cssmania.com, etc and place your ads there. Those places are full of almost-exclusively designers.

The only problem I see is that there are SO MANY out there that your ad will probably be right next to another one. This kind of business is pretty saturated, but there seems to be a lot of demand for it. I find (I, well, my company has one) that once you get a client and they like your work, you pretty much solidified their business as long as they still need slices. I've put ads on various web sites and the high majority of new clients I've gotten has been through referrals. I've never actually gotten one from an ad.

The closest to that would be when my site was on a Smashing Magazine article. Maybe try finding someone to blog about it for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    I think you are going to do well. You just need to get to know some people.
    Thank you dvduval. I think it needs some time to know people. So I will just advertise my service as much us I can.

Quote Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    You might also want to consider learning how to code templates for popular applications (wordpress, vbulletin, phpbb, phpld, gallery, etc.). That might give you a few more clients.
    I already have an option to create templates for Joomla and Wordpress so I will need to learn how to code some more applications like the ones you mentioned.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://w3csites.com I believe costs only about $80 a month for a sidebar ad.

Again though, I've found that (personally) advertising that service on pay advertising sites hasn't gotten me much juice. However, you can go to a site like mostsliced.com where they'll list your site for free and garner some attention. Also, maybe try Craigslist in the creative services section.
    http://shownd.com - Your free online design portfolio.
    http://rehashclothes.com - Swap your clothes.
    http://orpheuxdesign.com - My design studio.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know of anywhere specific, but perhaps submit free coded templates somewhere?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that pay advertising sites do not tend to pay off very well. I have had one major success-a recurring client from a paid add that has been with me for about six months, but otherwise it's money I should have kept hold of.

SitePoint Enthusiast hollywoodOG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the site a couple things is the text is a little bit too big, and the PSD logo needs some revision; Not trying to put you down, I'm impressed you can do this, many can't. Other than that site looks good; As far as promotion.. Try devanart, upload some websites clients have you make send them around, Google Adwords, Promote through Graphic Design forums & the million and counting Web Design/Coding forums out there; Search Adbrite find PSD tutrial sites, by advertising on there, you can find some relatively cheap and efficent! I could get you ALOT of customers, aprox 10+ for this month if you are interested in an affilate with me, as in a % of sent to you.--
    :: ǪΓFεΐИз ΆđdїŦ ///:: Next Luxury ++ The Online Men's Magazine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you guys for the information.

@hollywoodOG: PM sent